Who are the best Thrash band of all time.......

Metallica
15 (26.8%)
Slayer
19 (33.9%)
Megadeth
8 (14.3%)
Anthrax
2 (3.6%)
Kreator
3 (5.4%)
Sodom
0 (0%)
Testament
1 (1.8%)
Exodus
2 (3.6%)
Sepultura
2 (3.6%)
Other
4 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on September 07, 2020, 10:12:43 AM
Released this day 32 years ago, by the by.
I'm going to throw it on right now actually. Been a while since I've spun it.

Whoever picked Anthrax is clearly taking the piss :D

Poor Sodom not getting any votes - have been watching the Lords of Depravity parts 1 and 2 there recently - 8 hours of content there. They did some woeful covers but some of their stuff is immense

Is it though? I just can't get into them at all. I remember when I was a young lad in the early 90s a friend of mine never shut up about them and every time I called over to his house he'd put on Sodom records. To me they always sounded so amateur and entry level compared to even the B grade American stuff, let alone the greats.

Quote from: Anton Arcane on September 26, 2020, 08:07:35 PM
Is it though? I just can't get into them at all. I remember when I was a young lad in the early 90s a friend of mine never shut up about them and every time I called over to his house he'd put on Sodom records. To me they always sounded so amateur and entry level compared to even the B grade American stuff, let alone the greats.

That's actually how I'd describe Destruction ironically enough - generic thrash by the numbers for the most part. A sodom greatest hits would have some great stuff on it.

Agree about Destruction - absolutely muck.

I think not all Sodom is created equally, but Agent Orange is a banger.