I picked up "Small Victories, The True Story of Faith No More" by Adrian Harte. I'm enjoying it a lot so far, working through the Introduce Yourself era with the album cranked in the background. It's definitely giving me new angles on this old music.

What other biographies are worth reading?

Only started to read it but recently bought "When the Uncertainty Principle Goes to 11: Or How to Explain Quantum Physics with Heavy Metal" by a physicist called Phil Moriarty...I think he is from Derry originally. He has used Manowar before in YouTube videos explaining physics before so thought it would be a good read 

Quote from: Juggz on December 11, 2018, 10:27:46 PM
I picked up "Small Victories, The True Story of Faith No More" by Adrian Harte. I'm enjoying it a lot so far, working through the Introduce Yourself era with the album cranked in the background. It's definitely giving me new angles on this old music.

Really enjoyed this, unsurprisingly. Mike Bordin showed up at the book launch in Dublin!

Didn't know about that at all. Must pick it up.

Bon Scott : the last highway, worth a read on his final days, wide range of people interviewed and appears to be people with actual information.

The Cliff Burton biography To Live is to Die is a great read

Lemmy's White Line Fever is pretty good but he has a tendency to go off on tangents when he's relaying a story

Slash's is decent, just really full of the 80s debauchery you'd expect

Iommi's is pretty in depth for the Ozzy years but kind of skips over all the rest and is very kind to Sharon. Almost seems that he was afraid of her taking him to court if there was anything she didn't like

Quote from: Trev on December 12, 2018, 01:30:17 PM
The Cliff Burton biography To Live is to Die is a great read

Lemmy's White Line Fever is pretty good but he has a tendency to go off on tangents when he's relaying a story

Slash's is decent, just really full of the 80s debauchery you'd expect

Iommi's is pretty in depth for the Ozzy years but kind of skips over all the rest and is very kind to Sharon. Almost seems that he was afraid of her taking him to court if there was anything she didn't like
Slashes book was a great read in fairness.

#7 December 13, 2018, 11:35:35 AM Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 11:37:29 AM by Necro Red
As mentioned, the Cliff Burton biography and the  Slash autobiography are ace. I thought Ozzy's one was hilarious, and Nikki Sixx has an interesting/ harrowing account of his wild days. A tad off topic, but the biography on Billy Connolly written by his wife is just excellent. A good chuck of it is about his early beginnings as a musician. I recommend!
Also, I've been looking for Gary Numans autobiography and can't find it online for under €60 which is just extortionate.

KK Downings is next on my list. Wasn't aware of the Faith No More one. Will add that to the list.

The events leading up to Mosely's departure had me in stitches. It's a very enjoytable read so far. Must get KK's book too. I'm waist deep in Ian Glasper's UK thrash book but it's a hard slog. It's more of a reference than something you'd read from cover to cover. Too many names to keep track of, it's a head wrecker.

Quote from: Juggz on December 13, 2018, 12:01:28 PM
The events leading up to Mosely's departure had me in stitches. It's a very enjoytable read so far. Must get KK's book too. I'm waist deep in Ian Glasper's UK thrash book but it's a hard slog. It's more of a reference than something you'd read from cover to cover. Too many names to keep track of, it's a head wrecker.

Wait til you get to Patton's antics at some radio station party.. ;D

Quote from: Juggz on December 11, 2018, 10:27:46 PM

Frank Zappa by Barry Miles.

D.X. Ferris book on Slayer is pretty good in so far as he's dug up a bit of dirt (Teresa Lombardo's Statements and court documents make Dave look like a complete knob)

The book was unfortunately littered with type os but the fanzine style presentation overrides that. The book has recently been updated with 6 new chapters so could be worth a punt if you haven't read it already.

Ministry, the lost gospels by Al jourgenson. Really enjoyed this. Also my bloody roots max Cavalera , read it twice.

I may give that Kk Downing one a read in the new year. I forgot Cavalera had one too.