#15 December 22, 2018, 08:03:39 PM Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 08:06:56 PM by livingabortion
What Does This Button Do? Bruce Dickenson#s Autobiography. Always a very interesting man to listen to and this is great. Well worth it.
Deep Down Six Feet, Is Where I Like To Eat

Quote from: Goatlord on December 12, 2018, 11:38:19 AM
Bon Scott : the last highway, worth a read on his final days, wide range of people interviewed and appears to be people with actual information.

I picked this up a few weeks ago, just started reading. So far, so good.

I also picked up a Smashing Pumpkins biography which is rather unreadable, the author has a terrible writing style. Shame, Corgan is an interesting fella and I'd like to read a decent book on them.

Quote from: Necr0rceN on January 08, 2019, 09:14:53 PM
For the black metal fans there is a good book I read last year by Cult Never Dies - I only have Volume One and it is a fairly entertaining read:
https://cultneverdies.myshopify.com/collections/all/products/cult-never-dies-ultimate-book-bundles-all-our-books-with-or-without-evolution-all-signed-plus-extras-and-registered-shipping-price-all-inclusive

Great book, Dayal is a good write and does very indept interviews. I would highly recommended the rest of his books.

He's built a a reputation for himself among the Black Metal industry and get interviews with band who never do interviews.

I'm also currently reading his latest book on Rotting Christ. A must for all RC fans

https://cultneverdies.myshopify.com/collections/all/products/non-serviam-the-official-story-of-rotting-christ-book

Quote from: BlackWizard on January 09, 2019, 01:29:25 AM
Quote from: Necr0rceN on January 08, 2019, 09:14:53 PM
For the black metal fans there is a good book I read last year by Cult Never Dies - I only have Volume One and it is a fairly entertaining read:
https://cultneverdies.myshopify.com/collections/all/products/cult-never-dies-ultimate-book-bundles-all-our-books-with-or-without-evolution-all-signed-plus-extras-and-registered-shipping-price-all-inclusive

Great book, Dayal is a good write and does very indept interviews. I would highly recommended the rest of his books.

He's built a a reputation for himself among the Black Metal industry and get interviews with band who never do interviews.

I'm also currently reading his latest book on Rotting Christ. A must for all RC fans

https://cultneverdies.myshopify.com/collections/all/products/non-serviam-the-official-story-of-rotting-christ-book
+1 I've enjoyed all the Dayal Patterson books so far and im currently reading the RC book. Only as far as Thy Mighty Contract but all good so far. Would definitely recommend.

I really want to check out those Dayal books, still haven't.

Has anyone read Blood Fire Death yet? The new one about Sweden?

Quote from: Pentagrimes on January 09, 2019, 10:46:58 AM

Got this recently, gonna give it a go when im done with the RC book.

Quote from: Cryptic Stench on December 15, 2018, 03:13:09 AM
D.X. Ferris book on Slayer is pretty good in so far as he's dug up a bit of dirt (Teresa Lombardo's Statements and court documents make Dave look like a complete knob)

The book was unfortunately littered with type os but the fanzine style presentation overrides that. The book has recently been updated with 6 new chapters so could be worth a punt if you haven't read it already.

Is this the Slayer book? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Slayer-66-Biography-Including-Palladium/dp/0615920306/ref=la_B001JS65YC_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1547113656&sr=1-1

I'm just compiling a list of reads for 2019  :)

Cult Never Dies is great I must pick up his other books.

The Death Archives: Mayhem 1984-94 is a great read too , some really cool stories about early Mayhem in it and their trips to the UK.

Currently Reading the updated Lemmy White line fever, enjoying it so far and Lemmys Humour and honesty

Quote from: Weltenfeind on January 09, 2019, 11:06:59 AM
Quote from: Pentagrimes on January 09, 2019, 10:46:58 AM

Got this recently, gonna give it a go when im done with the RC book.

Im the exact same! Blood Fire Death is next once I've finish RC

Quote from: Cernunnos on January 10, 2019, 10:17:20 AM

The Death Archives: Mayhem 1984-94 is a great read too , some really cool stories about early Mayhem in it and their trips to the UK.

Yeah was interesting alright, the Sylvester Anfang story was quite funny, really helps dispel some of Euro's mystique.  Only complaint is that by the time that DMDS was recorded Necrobutcher was out of the loop and there is very little new insight about it.

Quote from: Weltenfeind on January 10, 2019, 11:16:06 AM

Yeah was interesting alright, the Sylvester Anfang story was quite funny, really helps dispel some of Euro's mystique.  Only complaint is that by the time that DMDS was recorded Necrobutcher was out of the loop and there is very little new insight about it.

ha yeah great story, also found it funny when they where promoting the demo they where hanging out with with Napalm Death and went to Napalms rehearsals, strange one.  good point on the recording of DMDs !

Just ordered the Blood fire Death book as mentioned above looking forward to getting stuck into that one.

Quote from: Cernunnos on January 10, 2019, 12:39:44 PM
Quote from: Weltenfeind on January 10, 2019, 11:16:06 AM

ha yeah great story, also found it funny when they where promoting the demo they where hanging out with with Napalm Death and went to Napalms rehearsals, strange one.  good point on the recording of DMDs !

Just ordered the Blood fire Death book as mentioned above looking forward to getting stuck into that one.
Yeah the Napalm Death one was a bit of an eye opener considering the shit talking done in fanzines around that era, its interesting in the context that most of the BM mythology being essentially bollocks talked by kids to seem edgey! Would recommend to any fanboys who still cling to those myths

Quote from: Weltenfeind on January 10, 2019, 01:35:00 PM

most of the BM mythology being essentially bollocks talked by kids to seem edgey! Would recommend to any fanboys who still cling to those myths

agreed 100%

Must grab that book at some point.  I think it's obvious enough that most of the shite talk was teenage posturing.  I suppose the more concrete acts of arson and murder lends the rest of the scene a certain air of seriousness,  even if a moment's reflection will dispel any such notions. I think with BM it can help to buy into the whole package while not reading too much into it at the same time.  Cognitive dissonance? It helps  :P