Mastodon - Leviathan
Detritus - If But For One (a real blast from the past. Popped into my head today while listening to...)
Arakain - Schizofrenie (great Czech thrash from '91, had never heard it before - well worth checking out.)

Obliveon - From this Day Forward

Canadian thrash with a few bits of proggy and death metal elements thrown in, great stuff, terrible album art

That's a great album from what I recall. Must track it down again.

This morning: Gealach and Initiation demos and the walk to work is Crimson Relic "Purgatory's Reign"

Overkill - Horrorscope

The last decent thing they released.

That Obliveon album is deadly, think it'll get a listen today now.

#620 July 17, 2019, 09:57:46 AM Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 11:28:38 AM by Trev
Never heard of them before but it popped up on youtube as a recommendation. Now thanks to some of the comments I've got a list of other stuff to check out like Disciples of Power, Aspid and Ripped

Aspid's one album is something else, go for that first.

#622 July 17, 2019, 09:31:06 PM Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 09:33:51 PM by Thorn
Death Angel .a.thrashumentary \ The Bay Calls For Blood

Wednesday evening opposition to love island

Can't even give the fucking thing capitals

Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

The Smashing Pumpkins - Gish

Might go on a Pumpkins binge the next few days, it's been a while since I've listened to them properly.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on July 17, 2019, 08:30:14 AM
That Obliveon album is deadly, think it'll get a listen today now.

Their first two are killer, then their sound morphed into a bad version of Fear Factory.

Ouch.

Megadeth - Dystopia

Banging out a lot of the 'deth lately for obvious reasons, this being a definite favourite among the latter day releases.
Go forth good vibes ...
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Quicksand - Interiors

I had no idea they were functioning again. Great, great news.

The Aristocrats - You Know What...?

These chaps pull some very intricate material together in a very musical way.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on July 17, 2019, 10:47:37 AM
Aspid's one album is something else, go for that first.
Had this on earlier, stunning stuff, reminds me a lot of Dark Angel in places.

Any other bands from that early post Soviet time worth checking out? I was thinking it must have been a pretty fruitful place with having more freedom to experiment after the fall of communism

Misthyrming , Algleymi, after sitting with it for a while I find it quite disappointing. There's more ideas and dynamism in the first 2 tracks of the debut than there is across the whole of the new one. Plus, the translation of the lyrics show up just how poorly written they are, I was happier not knowing them on the debut. :-\