#5940 August 27, 2021, 01:44:45 AM Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 02:44:45 AM by Ealaín
Testament- The Ritual

Deep Purple - The Battle Rages On

Deep Purple -The House of Blue Light

Touch and go with the aged  electric drums/ brave keyboard bits otherwise  stunning album in its own right.

YLJA- Dætur

Quote from: astfgyl on August 25, 2021, 05:29:15 PM
Quote from: StrangersWithGuns on August 25, 2021, 02:02:27 PM
Listening to prong and nothing else, cant help feel that Tommy Victor is extremely underrated.

I go on a strong buzz for Prong every now and again. They're great. Couple of not so fantastic albums but many many decent ones. Definitely underrated.

Tommy was well regarded on the old forum. He even had his own account.

Ah that is class, he seems really sound and down to earth. Been listening mostly to Beg To Differ and Carved Into Stone, fairly new to them. But yeah he has said as much about his material, some albums he trashed. Really dig his work on Rio Grande Blood too.
Play the Academy July 13th

Got Prong- Cleansing when it came out;fuckin loved it,still do.But for whatever reason i never checked out any orher albums.

Quote from: Ealaín on August 27, 2021, 01:44:45 AM
Deep Purple -The House of Blue Light

Touch and go with the aged  electric drums/ brave keyboard bits otherwise  stunning album in its own right.

Might be the only DP album I don't know at all, actually. Must give it a spin some time.

Just gave the new Qrixkuor it's first go since the LP arrived. Really sounds excellent, definitely a worthwhile purchase.

The House Of Blue Light and Perfect Strangers were my introduction to Purple when they came out, so I'll always have a soft spot for them, but it (THOBL) hasn't aged well. The chorus riff on Mitzi Dupree is immense though.

Úlfarr - Hate & Terror - The Rise of Pure Evil

#5946 August 28, 2021, 04:14:47 PM Last Edit: August 28, 2021, 04:44:14 PM by Ealaín

Audrey Horn – Blackout

Deep Purple's  - The House of Blue Light ,was a brave move. The result is tinny though but it overrides that tinny sound stunningly in parts too. Now I love synthesizers, moogs mini moogs but whatever newer model back then they used was dead inside. But who am I to criticise.  I had Sade stuck in my head for three whole days.

Hooded Menace - The Tritonus Bell
King Woman - Celestial Blues
Pulchra Morte - Ex Rosa Ceremonia

Exciter- The Dark Command (1997).

This album didn't feature the original lineup but tracks like 'Burn At The Stake' are worth the price of admission.  Not sure what the lineup of this band is nowadays.

Ühtceare - El genocidio primordial llevará el nombre infinito de la empatía

Reverend Bizarre : II Crush The Insects.
Doom all over Saturday Night.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Quote from: Thorn on August 28, 2021, 09:08:34 PM
Reverend Bizarre : II Crush The Insects.
Doom all over Saturday Night.

Fuckin' love that album. Surprises me that most lads don't rate it as highly as the others.

Didn't know it was a bit overlooked in favour of others but it's a mighty slab of Rock Out With Your Cock Out Doom!
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Judas Priest-Defenders of the Faith. Too often unfarily overlooked in favour of Painkiller.
Katatonia-Dance of December Souls. Their greatest hour.
Hecate Enthroned-Upon Promethean Shores. See above.

Quote from: vinterland on August 29, 2021, 06:34:04 PM
Judas Priest-Defenders of the Faith. Too often unfarily overlooked in favour of Painkiller.

Their best album IMO. It has more depth and slightly better songs than Painkiller.