Black Sabbath- Tyr.

I've never listened to this before and it's really good. Tony Martin sounds a fair bit like Dio to me. Catchy stuff.

#5431 June 19, 2021, 07:30:05 AM Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 12:41:55 PM by jobrok1
Tyr is a great album.
My favourite Tony Martin Sabs album.
All his albums are pretty solid, to be fair.

Except Forbidden which is an absolute atrocity.
No fault to TM, though.
How Ernie C got to produce that album and Ice-T was let anywhere near guesting on it is beyond me.

Marduk - World funeral

Sabbath (or rather, Tony Iommi) have had quite the discography but people only focus on the Ozzy era. So do the band incidentally which is even worse. 'Born Again' is a nasty sounding album (mostly ignored), 'Headless Cross' is great as is 'Seventh Star' (though it was supposed to be an Iommi solo project). The 'Iommi' album isn't bad either. All ignored by most.

Have been listening to a few tracks off the new Fear Factory album, I like it, background drama aside.

Quote from: leatherface on June 19, 2021, 09:48:50 AM
Have been listening to a few tracks off the new Fear Factory album, I like it, background drama aside.

I gave it a spin last night too. I liked it more than I thought I would. It even made me a bit nostalgic for the early 90s.

Forgot that was due out. Must give it a whirl. Pack of bitches but they still manage to release decent, if not Demanufacture standard, stuff.

Mercyful Fate - Melissa

Love that part in Evil about 2 and a half minutes in where they suddenly turn into Thin Lizzy.

Quote from: ldj on June 19, 2021, 11:22:29 AM
Mercyful Fate - Melissa

Love that part in Evil about 2 and a half minutes in where they suddenly turn into Thin Lizzy.

One of the best albums ever. Such a perfect lineup too.

Helloween - Helloween. 3 singers, 3 guitars (to be fair one of them does both guitars and some vocals). All the ingredients for a steaming turd. But once you get into the groove of listening to that ridiculous 80s German style power metal it's actually good fun. Hilarious, but entertaining.

The couple of new Helloween tracks I've heard so far sound really good, to be fair.
Must check out the full album

Abaddon Incarnate - Nadir
Reulsion - Horrified
Deep Down Six Feet, Is Where I Like To Eat

Miles Davis - Ascenseur Pour L'échafaud
Mourning Beloveth - Formless

Quote from: ldj on June 19, 2021, 11:22:29 AM
Mercyful Fate - Melissa

[/quote

Yep, also the opening line  of the song...totally icomic.
Listening to the new Mork today and finding it boring as hell.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Borknagar - True North

Quote from: Cailleach on June 19, 2021, 07:20:46 PM
Borknagar - True North

Cool album.  The song Up North is a winner.