Godflesh - A World Lit Only By Fire
Godflesh - Post Self
Godflesh - Decline & Fall
Godflesh - Messiah
Godflesh - Love and Hate in Dub
Godflesh - Merciless
Godflesh - Cold World
Godflesh - Slavestate

All great, mostly, but fuck there is one remix of Slavestate that feels like it will never end.  Cold World is also the most dated sounding release out of all of them, but otherwise these three releases are decent.

Just the Peel sessions left now, which I am greatly looking forward too, they are outstanding versions of the few tracks off Streetcleaner.  Kevin Martin turning up on saxophone for Pulp makes it about sixty times heavier somehow too.

I suppose the correct way to end it off would be to go through "In All Languages" and the bonus disc off the Streetcleaner reissue, but instead of retreading ground, I might knock up a playlist of b-sides and one offs, including the unusual ones off those two, and listen to that to cap it all off.

Quote from: astfgyl on May 05, 2021, 11:33:46 AMHad Selfless on this morning. Extremely basic but I love it.

Love and Hate in Dub... I get what you're saying. I throw it on every now and again thinking I might have missed something but no not really in love with it either. Thinking about it now the vocals on it don't really suit the mixes that well on a lot of the tracks. Grand when he isn't roaring but a bit of a mismatch when he is. I don't even know if that's it, maybe the mixes aren't great end of.

Wonder what happened with the Us and Them remix, must go find out
I'd enjoy hearing and U&T remix, for curiosity's sake.  Didn't really cop that with the vocals on L&H Dub until you said it there but you're right, they sit uncomfortably enough with the remixes, but it's not their only fault.  Hard to pinpoint it but it is quite weak especially compared to any of their other albums.

Selfless is lethal, very straightforward but it works well.  I love the mix on it, it's sparse but full, just clean enough without being overly crisp.  Not a bad song on it either, but the worst song title going in "Body Dome Light" - sounds like some sort of Lidl Red Bull knock off.

I love Cold World, one of my favourite Godflesh tracks. The way it just grinds along is crushing.

You've skipped the Crush My Soul EP, those extended remixes are mental.

Quote from: Carnage on May 05, 2021, 11:58:08 PM
I love Cold World, one of my favourite Godflesh tracks. The way it just grinds along is crushing.

You've skipped the Crush My Soul EP, those extended remixes are mental.
Didn't realise there was more than one song on it until I looked at Discogs there now - was using that as my guide while listening to keep reasonably in order but skipped anything that looked like a single.  Will go back to it, and Xynobis too, that looks to have a few remixes on it.

Either way this was a very enjoyable run of the main discography and something I'll do again soon with another band I love.  I knew almost all of it inside out before getting started but it cropped up a few surprises and album tracks I had forgotten about, and some of the remixes I never heard before (like the ones you mentioned there!)

Coitus- Fed to the wolves

The Steam Pig- Over the wall with Charlie Harper

Dissection- Reinkaos
Iron Maiden- Seventh son.

Dead Kennedys - Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables
Aztlan - Legion Mexica

Quote from: ochoill on May 05, 2021, 11:41:30 PM
Quote from: ochoill on May 03, 2021, 09:53:40 PM
Quote from: ochoill on May 01, 2021, 01:22:17 AM
Quote from: ochoill on April 30, 2021, 03:07:40 PM
Quote from: ochoill on April 29, 2021, 03:42:36 PMGodflesh - s/t
Godflesh - Streetcleaner
Godflesh - Pure
Godflesh - Selfless
Godflesh - Songs of Love and Hate
Godflesh - Us and Them
Godflesh - Hymns
Godflesh - A World Lit Only By Fire
Godflesh - Post Self
Godflesh - Decline & Fall
Godflesh - Messiah
Godflesh - Love and Hate in Dub
Godflesh - Merciless
Godflesh - Cold World
Godflesh - Slavestate
Godflesh - Grind Madness At The BBC (Earache Peel Sessions)

That capped it all off nicely.  Will revisit the missing odds and ends another evening but instead took a break and changed up today's listening so far:

Godflesh - "Post Self"
Big Brave - "Vital"
Shellac - "1000 Hurts"

Mayhem - Chimera

Revisit this one now and again and it never disappoints. Maniac era Mayhem got such a bad rap because GDOW was such a load of arse.

I'm the opposite.  I found Chimara fairly boring.

Lantern - Dimensions. Didn't give it much notice on release despite liking everything they've done. This is class.
Naturgeist - s/t. One man BM from Morris from Blood Incantation. Also class.

Esoteric - Subconscious Dissolution into the Continuum
Lord Vicar - Fear No Pain

Quote from: Blackout on May 06, 2021, 06:52:49 PM
Same.

Quote from: Blizzard Beast on May 06, 2021, 08:01:47 PM
Quote from: Blackout on May 06, 2021, 06:52:49 PM
Same.
Same again, whereas GDOW is my favourite Mayhrm album. It's a glorious 'fuck you' to the black metal purists.

Au-Dessus > End of Chapter
Aūkels  -  Raynkaym

Megaton Sword still getting daily listens here.