In fairness what your telling us is really interesting, great stuff

#4951 May 03, 2021, 08:44:44 AM Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 02:42:47 PM by Eoin McLove
Spectral Voice- Necrotic Doom.
Enchantment- Dance the Marble Naked.
Wytch Hazel- III: Pentecost.
Disembowelment- Transcendence into the Peripheral.
Gehenna- First Spell.

Code - Rat King & The Mad White Hair (looking forward to the album due early June via Dark Essence Records)

https://codeblackmetal.bandcamp.com/album/flyblown-prince

Blut aus Nord - Hallucinogen
Ved Buens Ende - Written in Waters

Todays list so far.
Hulder - Godslastering...
Hulder - The eps
Darkthrone- The Underground Resistance
Also a new discovery for me. Departure Chandelier- Antichrist Rise To Power. Napoleonic Bkack Metal!
https://departurechandelier.bandcamp.com/album/antichrist-rise-to-power

Blue Öyster Cult - Fire of Unknown Origin
Sumerlands - s/t
Tool - Fear Inoculum

Van Halen - Van Halen

Subhumans- EpLp

DRI- Dirty rotten

Quote from: ochoill on May 01, 2021, 01:22:17 AM
Quote from: ochoill on April 30, 2021, 03:07:40 PM
Quote from: ochoill on April 29, 2021, 03:42:36 PMGodflesh - s/t
Godflesh - Streetcleaner
Godflesh - Pure
Godflesh - Selfless
Godflesh - Songs of Love and Hate
Godflesh - Us and Them
Godflesh - Hymns
Godflesh - A World Lit Only By Fire
Godflesh - Post Self
Godflesh - Decline & Fall
Godflesh - Messiah
Godflesh - Love and Hate in Dub

Messiah is fantastic, including the remixes on the second half.  I remember hearing this when it was released, around when Godflesh split iirc, and loved it, thought it was the last tracks they ever recorded for some reason and only found out years later that it was actually recorded in 1994.  Doesn't sound like it at all.  Testament to how generally timeless the best of their catalog is - fair enough you can point it all to in and around the 90s but it all stands well by itself.

Except Love and Hate in Dub, I never particularly got on with that album.  It's fine, and has some interesting ideas, but it's a fairly weak remix album all in.  There are significantly better remixes of aongs across the rest of the catalog, again look at the second half of Messiah - those are every bit as good as the actual songs, totally class versions of them.

Dark Funeral- Vobiscum Satanas

Abyzou - Blood On The Snow (Demo)

Evilfeast- Odes To Lands Of Past Traditions.
I must again thank McLove for this recommendation in the BM thread. I'd never heard of Evilfeast until recently.
This ep is a superb mix of everything I love about black metal.

Next up the latest Ninkharsag. Pure Dissection worship.

Quote from: ochoill on May 03, 2021, 09:53:40 PM
Quote from: ochoill on May 01, 2021, 01:22:17 AM
Quote from: ochoill on April 30, 2021, 03:07:40 PM
Quote from: ochoill on April 29, 2021, 03:42:36 PMGodflesh - s/t
Godflesh - Streetcleaner
Godflesh - Pure
Godflesh - Selfless
Godflesh - Songs of Love and Hate
Godflesh - Us and Them
Godflesh - Hymns
Godflesh - A World Lit Only By Fire
Godflesh - Post Self
Godflesh - Decline & Fall
Godflesh - Messiah
Godflesh - Love and Hate in Dub

Messiah is fantastic, including the remixes on the second half.  I remember hearing this when it was released, around when Godflesh split iirc, and loved it, thought it was the last tracks they ever recorded for some reason and only found out years later that it was actually recorded in 1994.  Doesn't sound like it at all.  Testament to how generally timeless the best of their catalog is - fair enough you can point it all to in and around the 90s but it all stands well by itself.

Except Love and Hate in Dub, I never particularly got on with that album.  It's fine, and has some interesting ideas, but it's a fairly weak remix album all in.  There are significantly better remixes of aongs across the rest of the catalog, again look at the second half of Messiah - those are every bit as good as the actual songs, totally class versions of them.

Had Selfless on this morning. Extremely basic but I love it.

Love and Hate in Dub... I get what you're saying. I throw it on every now and again thinking I might have missed something but no not really in love with it either. Thinking about it now the vocals on it don't really suit the mixes that well on a lot of the tracks. Grand when he isn't roaring but a bit of a mismatch when he is. I don't even know if that's it, maybe the mixes aren't great end of.

Wonder what happened with the Us and Them remix, must go find out

Amorphis- Elegy
Angelcorpse- The Inexorable
Decapitated- Winds of Creation

Neurosis - Times of Grace

Gojira - From Mars to Sirius