Enslaved - Hordanes Land

Gorgoroth - Under the sign of hell

#4848 April 23, 2021, 11:52:23 PM Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 05:27:23 PM by Carnage
I bought that and the previous one at the time, gave them a good doing for a month or so and then never listened to them again. Nostalgia associated with this one though; the last time I remember listening to it, I hooked up with an ex (I remember trudging through snow to get to her flat, listening to the album on my trusty discman), which was nice.

Haha nice one. I seeing them live as a young 14 year old up front  and remember my ribs being fucked from the barrier. Was amazing to have Casey put the mic up and me shout "it's just a holiday for you!" 🤣

Quote from: Blackout on April 23, 2021, 11:45:03 PM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JpATu7cRIc8

A guilty pleasure this album.

Still have a copy of that somewhere. Must give it a spin one of these days to see how it stacks up.

Wow, Amen were such a big deal in Metal Hammer in the 90s but they never did it for me, despite my tastes being more or less in line with that stuff back then. Has your man stuck at it over the past couple of decades?

Still at it, apparently. Last album was 2004, can't say I have any interest in them anymore. I think he sang on that Scum album 10-15 years ago?

Therapy?: Baby Teeth

This was my first exposure to Therapy? back then. A really weird and mixed bag of sounds, from post hardcore to grunge to dance music rhythms, 'Skyward', 'Innocent X'
and 'Loser Cop' are the standouts to me. Later in life I learned that Andy Cairns was living in my housing estate for a while roughly after the recordings of 'Baby Teeth' and 'Pleasure Death', never caught sight of him. 

Babyteeth is great.

Gospel of the Witches - Covenant
Deep Purple - Made In Japan
Zeppelin - Houses of the Holy
Camel - Mirage
Judas Priest - Screaming For Vengeance

I was going to say it's all killer no filler here today, but that would be glossing over The Crunge  :-X :abbath:

Quote from: Eoin McLove on April 24, 2021, 05:06:01 PM
Wow, Amen were such a big deal in Metal Hammer in the 90s but they never did it for me, despite my tastes being more or less in line with that stuff back then. Has your man stuck at it over the past couple of decades?

Hes an eejit but a great front man and the Amen live gigs were insanity. Their stuff is more heavy punk than that Nu metal label they became stuck with.

Quote from: leatherface on April 24, 2021, 06:39:19 PM
Therapy?: Baby Teeth

This was my first exposure to Therapy? back then. A really weird and mixed bag of sounds, from post hardcore to grunge to dance music rhythms, 'Skyward', 'Innocent X'
and 'Loser Cop' are the standouts to me. Later in life I learned that Andy Cairns was living in my housing estate for a while roughly after the recordings of 'Baby Teeth' and 'Pleasure Death', never caught sight of him.

Pleasure Death was where I got on board, but they have an extraordinary discography. The only one I would say is poor is Shameless, out of a 15 album discography.

Deicide- Legion
Napalm death- utopia banished