Allegaeon - Elements of the Infinite, near perfect tech death

#316 February 21, 2019, 08:42:29 PM Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 08:46:12 PM by leatherface
Onslaught- In Search Of Sanity (UK, 1989)

Bought second hand on vinyl today, have not heard it in a loong time but really cool thrash with vocals from Steve Grimmett (Grim Reaper). Overall production very reminiscent of 'MOP' by Metallica.

#317 February 22, 2019, 09:35:47 AM Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 10:26:34 AM by Herbert West
Warhorse - As Heaven Turns To Ash

I've been on an Electric Wizard buzz recently and was looking for something similar but nothing else I listened to  hit the spot until I remembered this beauty.
Fucking great album. Crushingly heavy and miles better than some of the muck that passes for Doom these days.

Immolation -Failures for Gods
Immense record start to finish, was looking at the cd there and saw that its 20 years old! Still kills..

Quote from: Weltenfeind on February 23, 2019, 12:52:50 AM
Immense record start to finish, was looking at the cd there and saw that its 20 years old! Still kills..
Great album,i love all their stuff,but those albums around Failures/Close/Unholy Cult have some of their best material.

Quote from: Paul keohane on February 23, 2019, 04:09:56 PM
Quote from: Weltenfeind on February 23, 2019, 12:52:50 AM
Great album,i love all their stuff,but those albums around Failures/Close/Unholy Cult have some of their best material.
Absolutely agree, definite creative peak during this era.

Inquiring Blood - Born In A Grave

Cyans of Guinness Extra Stout and watching Negative Plane live (on YouTube).

Quote from: Eoin McLove on February 23, 2019, 10:13:40 PM
Cyans of Guinness Extra Stout and watching Negative Plane live (on YouTube).

Is that the Brooklyn show  from 2018? That one is a ripper. Was fucking class seeing them live back when they played the Pint with Tribulation.

That's the one.  Don't think they played with Tribulation?!

Think they did...with Occultation opening!

https://imgur.com/twGcNzc

Fuck.  I missed that somehow!

Was a killer gig. The Pint was at least 35 degrees anywhere I stood though. Sweaty balls black metal.

Voivod - Nothingface

Love those almost jazzy riffs, this desperately needs a reissue.