Gamma Ray - Heading For Tomorrow, remaster cd...christ this album never gets old . on a power metal buzz after listening to the new Helloween single the other day

Today's Music..
Skepticism - Alloy + AES
Coroner - Mental Vortex
The Meads of Asphodel - Sonderkommando
Iron Angel - Hellbound
Dread Sovereign - Alchemical Warfare
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Wyrm - Purge (2020)

https://youtu.be/DVeQB_gUsc8

What an album....  :abbath:

Grave Pleasures - Motherblood (though bringing nothing new, as good as Climax??)
King Diamond - Conspiracy

Dreamcrash was really cool but I never picked up Motherblood.  I'll give it a spin.

On the drive to work this morning...

En Minor- When the Cold Truth Has Worn Its Miserable Welcome Out.

Kiss- Creatures of the night.

Probably the only Kiss album I enjoy tbh.

Genghis Tron - "Dream Weapon"
Fantastic.  Absolutely class from start to finish.  Possibly AOTY so far.  Heavy on the electronics, gorgeous lush sounds, complexly written in a way that hooks you right in but peels back in layers after every listen.

Sunnata - "Burning in Heaven, Melting on Earth"
This was advertised to me as Stoner Doom, which almost put me off it, but the blurb on Bandcamp was a bit more forgiving.  Very good, not entirely defined by it's genre, much more dynamic and dark in atmosphere than expected, very spacious sounding, rather than going in for heft they play quite clean and let layers of the songs build up carefully.  Almost gothic in parts, post metal-y in others.  Recommended.

Angantyr  - Ulykke

#4718 April 08, 2021, 10:58:49 PM Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 07:27:38 AM by Paul keohane
WitchVomit- buried deep in a bottomless grave.

Faith No More: The Real Thing

Quote from: Paul keohane on April 08, 2021, 10:58:49 PM
WitchVomit- buried deep in a bottomless grave.

That's a savage album.

Cannibal Corpse- Kill
Deicide- Once Upon The Cross
Morbid Angel- Covenant

#4721 April 09, 2021, 07:28:39 PM Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 07:37:10 PM by leatherface
Nasty Savage: Nasty Savage (1985)

Have never given this the time of day before but great old school thrash album, quite technical, with King Diamond esque  vocals. Not familiar with any other albums of theirs, does anyone have any other recommended albums by them?

Quote from: leatherface on April 09, 2021, 07:28:39 PM
Nasty Savage: Nasty Savage (1985)

Have never given this the time of day before but great old school thrash album, like a more technical 'Kill em all' recorded with King Diamond on vocals. Not familiar with any other albums of theirs, does anyone have any other recommended albums by them?
Can't off hand remember the album names but a couple of records of theirs from the 80's were decent. The singer was a mad bastard.

#4723 April 09, 2021, 09:06:45 PM Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 09:47:26 PM by Cailleach
Animal Man Machine - Until We See the Light
Aonarach - I

Quote from: Cailleach on October 25, 2020, 12:44:23 PM
Sorgelig - We, the Oblivious

Just came across this now. That scream at the start of track 2 is unreal! Not your usual Greek BM that's for sure
https://sorgelig.bandcamp.com/album/we-the-oblivious

Came across it while browsing who else bought Dodsrit to see if could  find something else of interest. Can't wait to get the rest of this https://dodsrit.bandcamp.com/album/mortal-coil