Cryptic Wintermoon - Of Shadows... And The Dark Things You Fear

Rudimentary Peni- Cacophony

Vektor - Black Future

Terminal Redux is their best, but there's a great energy to this.

Behemoth - I Loved you at your darkest, fantastic album
Philosphise this podcast

Quote from: Juggz on February 08, 2019, 08:24:42 AM
Vektor - Black Future

Terminal Redux is their best, but there's a great energy to this.

I'd have difficult choosing between these two. Black Future still sounds so unexpected, and raw. Like such a raw sounding album just shouldn't have so much scope. Terminal Redux is a finely crafted masterpiece, no doubt, but Black Future, in a way, feels almost like it was breathed into existence in one entire piece by the gods of metal.

Faith No More - King For A Day

Badlands - Dusk

Great band in the right place at the wrong time. That this album sounds as good as it does, studio-recorded live and with no overdubs or any production values, is testament to just how good they were.

Slayer - Divine Intervention

I haven't listened to this in years but I see the odd good comment about it here and thought I'd give it a spin. There are a few decent moments but this album is largely crap. Tom sounds like he's singing a lot of the lyrics as if he's seeing them for the first time as he reads them off the sheet. The lyrics are clunky as fuck, too. I must make a mental note not to listen to this shite ever again.

Holy Terror - Terror and Submission/Mind Wars

These lads were the perfect blend of Thrash and NWOBHM.
Mind Wars is a perfect album but Terror and Submission has its charms too despite the weak production. It sounds joyous without being cheesy.

Quote from: Herbert West on February 12, 2019, 02:48:47 PM
Holy Terror - Terror and Submission/Mind Wars

These lads were the perfect blend of Thrash and NWOBHM.
Mind Wars is a perfect album but Terror and Submission has its charms too despite the weak production. It sounds joyous without being cheesy.

Good call, I remember I picked up both on a whim when I was in school and was disappointed that they were Thrash records. I had written them off at the time as I thought I was a staunch Death Metaller and everything else was shit ( :-X ) Thankfully a few years later I stopped being a spa and was kicking myself for ignoring them. Such a killer band.

Monster Magnet - Powertrip

Blut Aus Nord - 777 - Cosmosophy

Didn't really get into this when it came out but warming to it recently. The guitar playing is interesting enough. It gives the release a cool dark mystical feel.

Manic Street Preachers - The Holy Bible

It's a genuinely perfect album, there isn't a second on here which isn't essential. Relentlessly bleak and flawless with it.

Quote from: Wiseblood on February 12, 2019, 10:11:38 PM
Monster Magnet - Powertrip
Oh yes. You can't beat a bit of old fashioned Hawkwind worship.

Quote from: Mags on February 12, 2019, 11:48:01 PM
Blut Aus Nord - 777 - Cosmosophy

Didn't really get into this when it came out but warming to it recently. The guitar playing is interesting enough. It gives the release a cool dark mystical feel.
Love this album.  Might actually be my favourite BAN release.

VALGRIND
Killer old school death from Italy,
With a dark atmosphere and riffing skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAZ96rpDIMo