Samael - Passage. Pulled this out randomly, been ages since I listened to it. Quality, must MP3 it for the car.

The Ruins of Beverast - The Thule Grimoires. I'd checked em out before but didn't really hit the spot. Really enjoying this, though. Loads of dimensions to it.

Varathon - Patriarchs of Evil
Altar of Perversion - Intra Naos
Schammasch - Hearts of No Light

Alkaloid - Liquid Anatomy

Quote from: Emphyrio on February 03, 2021, 01:34:38 PMThe Ruins of Beverast - The Thule Grimoires. I'd checked em out before but didn't really hit the spot. Really enjoying this, though. Loads of dimensions to it.
Also listened to this today, it is unreal, already looking forward to the next spin.

Listening to Slift - "Ummon" a lot over the past few days.  Absolutely class.  Heavy Psych / Stoner Rock but that does absolutely fuck all to describe how good it actually is.  Proggy and ridiculous but also hammering and motorik, various textures and styles throughout every song, completely surprising without being outlandish, great musicianship but never forsaking the song to show it off.  Recommended

#4147 February 04, 2021, 06:38:25 AM Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 07:01:31 AM by Kurt Cocaine
Quote from: ochoill on February 04, 2021, 01:04:27 AM
Quote from: Emphyrio on February 03, 2021, 01:34:38 PMThe Ruins of Beverast - The Thule Grimoires. I'd checked em out before but didn't really hit the spot. Really enjoying this, though. Loads of dimensions to it.
Also listened to this today, it is unreal, already looking forward to the next spin.

Listening to Slift - "Ummon" a lot over the past few days.  Absolutely class.  Heavy Psych / Stoner Rock but that does absolutely fuck all to describe how good it actually is.  Proggy and ridiculous but also hammering and motorik, various textures and styles throughout every song, completely surprising without being outlandish, great musicianship but never forsaking the song to show it off.  Recommended
Nice bit of live by Slift on KEXP. Watched many's a time, great band with a great sound.

https://youtu.be/eZnA9UzGGdA

What does motorik mean?

Accept - Too Mean To Die.

Great, pisses all over the Rise Of Chaos.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on February 04, 2021, 06:54:00 AM
What does motorik mean?
It's the style of drums often used in krautrock, but that influence carries on into a lot of other stuff - Often seen in psychedelic rock, stoner, post punk... lots of genres but commonly harder rock rather than metal.  It carries a sort of driving, moving sound in a song usually, often purposefully repetetive. 

Ah, I see. It's a word I sometimes see used in reviews but never understood it.

#4152 February 04, 2021, 09:30:02 AM Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 10:29:54 AM by Carnage
There's an Irish writer (Mark Prendergast) who kept saying 'motorik' in that Kraftwerk documentary, he's a bit of a gobshite with an irritating vocal tic of chopping the end off words, so I thought he'd made it up and it drove me mad every time I heard it. It was only years after that I read that it was an actual thing.