Cryptopsy - The Unspoken King

Black Sabbath: Headless Cross
Black Sabbath (Tony Iommi): Seventh Star

I have gone from Ozzy era fanboy to later era fanboy. It's all still Tony Iommi regardless.

I've gone from keeping up new releases all the time to living in the past. Carcass - Necroticism, Paradise Lost - Draconian Times, Bolt Thrower - The fourth crusade...

Taake - Kveld
Gaahls Wyrd - Gastir
Thin Lizzy - Live And Dangerous. Glorious.

Quote from: hellfire on January 05, 2021, 06:07:34 PM
I've gone from keeping up new releases all the time to living in the past. Carcass - Necroticism, Paradise Lost - Draconian Times, Bolt Thrower - The fourth crusade...

It's a great place to live though judging my those
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Suffocation - Blood Oath
Got a bad rap when it came out, I think it's great... so there.

#3891 January 06, 2021, 01:48:02 AM Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 02:15:00 AM by leatherface

Same..  :-[,

This week has been all over the place.. whatever I find on the shelves..

Black Sabbath- 80s stuff
Brutal Truth: Extreme Conditions.. (overlooked (?) grind, 'Stench of Profit' is amazing)
Godflesh: A World Lit Only By Fire  (Brutal release, 'Towers of Emptiness' best song IMO, pricey album nowadays)
Napalm Death: Utopia Banished  (IMO their best)
Voivod: Outer Limits (really creative, acquired taste maybe)
Baphomet: The Dead Shall Inherit
Brujeria: Raza Odiada
Autopsy: Dark Crusades
Forteresse: Themes Pour La Rebellion

Quote from: Thorn on January 05, 2021, 08:06:36 PM

It's a great place to live though judging my those

I'm happy enough for now.  Think I'm having a mid life crisis lol. Hankering for stuff from my youth a lot lately.

Quote from: hellfire on January 06, 2021, 08:50:50 AM
I'm happy enough for now.  Think I'm having a mid life crisis lol. Hankering for stuff from my youth a lot lately.
I think it happens a lot with metal heads,going back to certain albums/genres  associated with a certain period in their lives.A nostalgic trip,where you can place yourself at the sport where you first  heard or bought a certain album etc.

Gorgoroth - Under the sign of hell

Quote from: Paul keohane on January 06, 2021, 09:32:28 AM
Quote from: hellfire on January 06, 2021, 08:50:50 AM
I think it happens a lot with metal heads,going back to certain albums/genres  associated with a certain period in their lives.A nostalgic trip,where you can place yourself at the sport where you first  heard or bought a certain album etc.

That's probably it

The Microphones - the glow pt2

Godflesh - Peel sessions live from the BBC

Gaahls Wyrd - Gastis
God Seed - I Begin

I was never a fan of Gorgoroth but these 2 albums are absolutely brilliant.
Love Gaahls vocals and his chanted type singing is very good.

Do yourself a favour and check out Trelldom. Easily the best thing Gaahl has ever done.

Now playing :
CATHETER/ LAUGHING DOG Split tape
Quite kicking grindcore/ death grind

https://youtu.be/564xFQ6_1jY