Quote from: open face surgery on January 02, 2021, 08:07:15 PM
Got into Calling Card in a big way this year. Unreal album.

Incredible musician, he's got such a great back catalogue but this hits the spot every time.

Quote from: Carnage on January 02, 2021, 08:27:39 PM
Quote from: OpenSores on January 02, 2021, 07:36:41 PMPitchshifter - Submit/Industrial

Just listened to these today for the first time in years. Pure Godflesh worship but good stuff all the same.

These two and Desensitized are fantastic didn't care too much for their later material.

Quote from: OpenSores on January 02, 2021, 09:14:57 PM
Quote from: OpenSores on January 02, 2021, 07:36:41 PMPitchshifter - Submit/Industrial

Just listened to these today for the first time in years. Pure Godflesh worship but good stuff all the same.

These two and Desensitized are fantastic didn't care too much for their later material.

Desensitised was a bit flat for me, the only other one I thought much of was www....com, though it hasn't aged well.

The only Pitchshifter album I had was the one with Microwaved on it. It was fucking rubbish, but I liked it enough to go and see them live. Brinskill Bomb Beat supported. I think that was the last time I listened to them.  Shocking stuff  :laugh:

That's the one. It sounded great when The Prodigy were all go, but very much of its time. Sounded poor the last time I dug it out. One from then that'e aged much better is Godflesh: Us And Them.

Quote from: OpenSores on January 02, 2021, 09:10:46 PM

Incredible musician, he's got such a great back catalogue but this hits the spot every time.

He is godlike. Was always more a fan of the looser stuff but I'm softening in my resolve.

The Rockpalast DVD collection is brilliant, there's a good bit of acoustic & bluegrass stuff there which is mighty.

Quote from: Carnage on January 02, 2021, 09:28:02 PM
Quote from: OpenSores on January 02, 2021, 09:14:57 PM

Desensitised was a bit flat for me, the only other one I thought much of was www....com, though it hasn't aged well.

I have it, but didn't do much for me at all.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on January 02, 2021, 09:41:08 PM
The only Pitchshifter album I had was the one with Microwaved on it. It was fucking rubbish, but I liked it enough to go and see them live. Brinskill Bomb Beat supported. I think that was the last time I listened to them.  Shocking stuff  :laugh:

I was at the gig in Dublin, Pitch by then just bored me and became too repetitive.

Quote from: open face surgery on January 02, 2021, 11:32:59 PM
Quote from: OpenSores on January 02, 2021, 09:10:46 PM

He is godlike. Was always more a fan of the looser stuff but I'm softening in my resolve.

I've been spending time going through the albums recently, some fantatsic live shows as well.

I liked Infotainment at the time. Shudder to think what it sounds like now.

For one very strange second there I was pondering the remote and absurd possibility that Rory Gallagher might have released an album I'd never heard of called Infotainment  :laugh:

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on January 03, 2021, 11:02:46 AM
For one very strange second there I was pondering the remote and absurd possibility that Rory Gallagher might have released an album I'd never heard of called Infotainment  :laugh:

;D

Lord Vicar - The Black Powder
Neurosis - Fires Within Fires
Cult of Luna & Julie Christmas - Mariner

Afsky - Ofte Jeg Drømmer Mig Død.
Dark Throne - Soulside Journey.
Ulcerate - Stare Into Death and Be Still.
Burzum - Fallen.