Quote from: Juggz on October 06, 2020, 02:49:15 PM
Aerosmith - Permanent Vacation

A lovely sounding album if nothing else

It's a quality album! I think it's the best of the four 80s albums tbh.

I like it a lot but the sound of it is just beautiful. Even if you didn't like the songs, it's worth listening to to hear something so really well recorded  :)

Gotcha. Agreed! But then, if you didn't like the songs, you just excess baggage on a late night freight!

Schattenfall - Schatten in Schwarz

Quote from: Cailleach on October 06, 2020, 12:56:06 PM
Quote from: vinterland on October 05, 2020, 10:20:19 PM
Inspired by this followed up with the Blood, Fire, Death trilogy of Nightwing, PDM and La Grande Danse Macabre.
Heights they may never reach again.

Quote from: Blackout on October 05, 2020, 09:57:55 PM
Marduk- those of the unlight

Plague Angel and Rom are good.

np: Schammasch -Hearts of no Light

Absolutely love Schammasch. All 5 releases are top notch. Can't believe Sic Lvceat Lvx was released almost 10 years ago this month.

Metallica - Ride The Lightning

Morbid Angel - Gateways. Nearly got through it today. That drum sound is so bad.

Hate Eternal - Upon Desolate Sands
Gigan - Multi-Dimensional blah blah blah
Dillinger Escape Plan - Ire Works

Gjendød- Motstand. This sounds incredible. Gjendød at their mid-paced best with massive basslines, acoustic guitars and an overall epic,  somewhat folky feel, topped off with nasty, nasty vocals. I've said it before and I'll say it again, they are one of the best BM bands on the go.

Trident -North.
At the Gates -Slaughter of the soul /Gardens of grief.
Amorphis - Tales from a thousand lakes.

Theotoxin - Fragment: Erhabenheit

Quote from: Kurt Cocaine on October 06, 2020, 07:09:24 PM
Inspired by this followed up with the Blood, Fire, Death trilogy of Nightwing, PDM and La Grande Danse Macabre.

Absolutely love Schammasch.AllSchammasch.All 5 releases are top notch. Can't believe Sic Lvceat Lvx was released almost 10 years ago this month.

Schammasch have such a quality back catalogue, that's part of my day sorted. Someone mentioned Grave Miasma earlier, another quality band. I recall ordering directly from them and got a few goodies along with Exalted and Odori!

#3176 October 07, 2020, 11:54:18 AM Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 11:57:24 AM by Cailleach
Quote from: Kurt Cocaine on October 06, 2020, 07:09:24 PM

Absolutely love Schammasch. All 5 releases are top notch. Can't believe Sic Lvceat Lvx was released almost 10 years ago this month.

Yep. Top quality band. It will be interesting to see what direction they go in next. I was blown away by the 80s gothic song on their latest album.

np: Sear Bliss discography

#3178 October 07, 2020, 11:18:07 PM Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 11:19:49 PM by Black Shepherd Carnage
Lisa Cuthbert's Hextapes LP. One of the most overlooked releases from an Irish artist. Can't recommend it enough to anyone into their ethereal, ambient, industrial, folk, haunting female vocal, dark trip tunes.

Edit: Think you can listen to it all here; https://lisacuthbert.bandcamp.com/album/hextapes

Went full Van Halen today with one deviation.

Van Halen - VH, VH II, Women and Children First, Fair Warning, Diver Down, 1984

Enjoyed every minute of it. So many great songs.

Rush - Signals