Annihilator - Alice in Hell

The only Annihilator album I'll ever need and one of the best thrash albums ever... I'm allowed call this thrash, right? :laugh:

gotta review the Proscription album this week so it's been that on a loop thiss evening. Meh.

Hate Eternal - Conquering the Throne

Quote from: Ducky on September 20, 2020, 05:35:38 PM

The only Annihilator album I'll ever need and one of the best thrash albums ever... I'm allowed call this thrash, right? :laugh:

I'd up that to two - Alice In Hell and Never Never Land; plenty of bangers on the latter.

Malevolent Creation-The Ten Commandments. Entombed-Clandestine. Sentenced-Shadows of the Past. Let's just say 1991 wasn't the worst year for death metal releases which have stood the test of time.

Quote from: Nail_Bombed on September 21, 2020, 02:57:30 PM
Quote from: Ducky on September 20, 2020, 05:35:38 PM

I'd up that to two - Alice In Hell and Never Never Land; plenty of bangers on the latter.

It's not a bad album (like a lot of their discography), but it's merely competent next to the all time classic that is AiH. The production for one is a considerable step back.

Also, "Kraf Dinner", holy shit, how did Waters think that was a good idea?

Ruadh - Rock of the Clyde

Mastodon - Crack The Skye
Voivod - The Wake

Inter Arma - Paradise Gallows

Kriegsmaschine- Enemy of Man.

Cleaning out the attic and found a box with a rake of old Terrorizer cover discs, and old Irish releases, so went with

Mass Extinction - Creations Undoing, still the best thrash band from here

Slave Zero - Disambiguated Visionary, liked the way they were going with this, did they split up just after it?

Era Vulgaris - What Stirs Within, looking forward to the follow up concept album on PCR testing

Agreed on Mass Extinctìon, fantastic EP that.

Another huge thumbs up for Mass Extinction. Today's listens consist of Baphomet-The Dead Shall Inherit, Angel Witch-Self-Titled and Thy Serpent-Forests of Witchery. First time in years any got a spin. Too long.

The Ruins Of Beverast - Exuvia
Runespell - Voice of Opprobrium

Vinterland-Welcome My Last Chapter, Naglfar-Vittra, Sacramentum-Far Away From The Sun. Not sure what trnspired in Sweden a quarter of a century ago but it was truly something to behold. The relative obscurity of each of the above compared to Slaughter of the Soul or Storm of the Light's Bane only makes their discovery all the more worthwhile.