Ruins of Beverast - Blood Vaults
What an album, almost cinematic in scope.

Death - Scream Bloody Gore

Devin Townsend - Tests of Manhood. Not as good as the main Empath album but a few decent songs on it

OHMphrey - s/t

Part Ohm, part Umphrey's McGee, all deadly.

Quote from: Trev on August 28, 2020, 09:53:21 AM
Devin Townsend - Tests of Manhood. Not as good as the main Empath album but a few decent songs on it

The main album is definitely better, but like the demos from some of the other stuff he seems to approach the second disc with a bit more abandon than the main album for better or worse

Yeah, there's definitely a lot less cohesion in it. Gulag is probably the one I'll stick on the most, always been a sucker for soft vocals over crazy blasting, but stuff like King, Summer, and Empath are all good. Middle Aged Man is speaking to me a lot these days too! :laugh:

Gorefest - Erase

The bridging album between their Death Metal and Death n Roll eras , divisive record, always reminds me of the 2FM Metal Show, my first exposure to it in the much vaunted ( though highly suspect!) Soundcellar Top Ten.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Satyricon - Volcano

Quote from: Thorn on August 28, 2020, 12:09:52 PM
Gorefest - Erase

The bridging album between their Death Metal and Death n Roll eras , divisive record, always reminds me of the 2FM Metal Show, my first exposure to it in the much vaunted ( though highly suspect!) Soundcellar Top Ten.
An album i always liked!,ok theres plenty of filler,but some great bangers on there too!

It's one that brings back memories.

Interesting fact, it was supposed to be a Colin Richardson production but he opted to go do the debut Machine Head  instead
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Quote from: Thorn on August 28, 2020, 03:27:59 PM
Interesting fact, it was supposed to be a Colin Richardson production but he opted to go do the debut Machine Head  instead
Never knew that!.

I remember reading back then that Erase sold an absolutely huge amount of albums on release.I remember buying it in Comet records in Cork along with Obituary World Demise.

They had a video that one of the lads recorded on Headbanger's Ball. Catchy oul gear.

False was the only one of their ls that I liked, and it was brilliant.

Holy Terror - Mind Wars

It's like the best bits of thrash, hard rock, hardcore punk and Iron Maiden rolled into one. Fuckin savage.