My Dying Bride-As the Flower Withers.  Had forgotten how good it was.  Remember hearing this 25 years ago in college and had heard nothing like it at the time. Would've been late to the  Paradise Lost and Anathema party so had nothing to compare it to. Sear Me is out of this world.

Prong - Force Fed.

Hadn't listened to this in ages but it's decent. Lots of things going on in the songs that sort of don't work but it adds a bit of charm to the whole thing or gives it a bit of identity or something along those lines. Probably go as far as Cleansing now while I'm in the mood

Pagan Hellfire - At The Resting Depths Eternal

Quote from: Cailleach on August 25, 2020, 06:35:50 PM
Pagan Hellfire - At The Resting Depths Eternal

Picked this one up on Bandcamp a while ago. Great stuff!

Palace of Worms - The Ladder

I do enjoy a bit of misery so threw on Triptykon Melana Chasmata and the Shatter ep.
The versions of Dethroned Emperor and Circle of the Tyrants on Shatter are class.
I've always found Tom Warriors mangling of words and syllables somewhat endearing, but often unintentionally hilarious. There's a lyric refrain of "On a pyre of envy, they'll incinerate my bones."
However, it sounds more like "On a pyre of envy, they'll incinerate my balls." Ouch!  :laugh:

:laugh:

When we recorded a cover of The Usurper for the Thrash and Burn album, poor Finbarr had brutal trouble trying to get his tongue around the line

The emperor, forgotten, rests in my dreams

Tom doesn't sing anything resembling that so we copied him and Finbarr sang "the empergotten"

Currently listening to Testament - Low

I normally loathe Peter Kay, but I recently saw a sketch of his where he points out some mondegreens... I cannot unhear "pork pie" in The Cars "Drive" now :laugh:

Pan Amerikan Native Front - Tecumseh's War
Panopticon - Autumn Eternal
                       Kentucky
                       Collapse

Celtic Frost - Monothiest

Fucking genius. It gets better with age.

Solid diet of Prong for me the last couple of days. I like all of it up to and including Rude Awakening, which is pretty much a nu metal album but still good. There is something "wrong" sounding about a lot of the chord progressions and vocal lines throughout the discography that I like.

Nargaroth - Black Metal Ist Krieg