Solefald - The Linear Scaffold

Today could be a Black Metal day!

Aren't they all!

Malokarpatan- Nordkarpatanland.

I have to be in the mood these days, to be honest...

But listened to
Emperor - Anthems...
Darkthrone - A Blaze...
In The Woods - Pure

Tried to play Enslaved - Frost but the CD player didn't like the disc for some reason...

Quote from: astfgyl on December 23, 2018, 08:42:19 PM
Opeth - Blackwater Park and Deliverance. I love the music but I actually can't stand the gruff vocals over all of that beautifully crafted music. It is the equivalent of cooking something really beautiful and delicately flavoured....

... and then drowning it in fucking ketchup and vinegar or something equally shit.

But although I love those albums in spite of it, I can't help wondering how fucking masterful they would have been with all clean vocals.

Couldn't disagree more. It's rare enough I'd listen to Opeth these days, but Akerfeldt's death metal vocals were class and an integral part of the sound. I think they became a much less interesting proposition when they softened their approach.

Ereb Altor - By Honour

Absolutely amazing album, I really need to get more of their albums.

Back to work today on a bit of a Queen buzz. Listening to their Live Aid on spotify atm, that ayyy-oh part. The guy just had 170,000 people eating out of his hand.

What a bloody front man

Quote from: astfgyl on December 23, 2018, 08:42:19 PM
Opeth - Blackwater Park and Deliverance. I love the music but I actually can't stand the gruff vocals over all of that beautifully crafted music. It is the equivalent of cooking something really beautiful and delicately flavoured....

... and then drowning it in fucking ketchup and vinegar or something equally shit.

But although I love those albums in spite of it, I can't help wondering how fucking masterful they would have been with all clean vocals.
his vocals are incredible on those albums ,probably my go to Opeth albums.

They are my go to Opeth albums, too. Well those and the last one. I still don't like the growls though. I'll probably end up throwing on one or the other of them today actually. It's very rare I would like growling vocals at all these days, but I can get past it if the music is good enough.

Old Man's Child- The Pagan Prosperity
Loits- Must Album

Thor's Hammer -Three Weeds from the same root
Judas Iscariot -An ancient starry sky
Angelcide- Hunting Astral Prey

Jesus.  Is that funny and I'm just too old and grumpy to get it?

Quote from: Eoin McLove on December 29, 2018, 06:29:56 PM
Jesus.  Is that funny and I'm just too old and grumpy to get it?

To be honest it's only funny when i'm drunk

Rocking the speakers in Casa Skippy this weekend so far....

Nocturnal Triumph "Into Light's Graven Womb"
Heretic Grail "With Dreams Towards Death And Mourning"
Rohit "Window"
Various ‎ "Missing And Exploited Children"
Intensive Care "Voyeurism"
Kvasir's Blood "Blutfahne"
Moenen Of Xezbeth "Ancient Spells Of Darkness..."

Chlanna Nan Con Thigibh A So's Gheibh Sibh Feoil

First album of 2019...

Vektor - Terminal Redux