#8625 January 08, 2023, 07:49:13 PM Last Edit: January 08, 2023, 08:14:08 PM by leatherface
Black Sabbath: Dehumanizer

Picked up today at a record fair, Great album. 'Time Machine', 'Buried Alive', so many good tracks.

That's a savage album.

Trouble - Run to the Light
Townes Van Zandt - Our Mother the Mountain

Sodom - Decision Day 7/10
Paradise Lost - The Plague Within 8.5/10
Armored Saint - Punching The Sky 7.5/10
Destroyer 666 - Never Surrender 8/10
In The Woods - Diversum 6/10
Manilla Road - Spiral Castle 8/10
Candlemass - Ancient Dreams 9/10
The Crown - Royal Destroyer 8/10
Kampfar - Til Klovers Takt 8/10
Skid Row - B-Side Ourselves 8/10
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Sigh- Shiki. AA mentioned this on his recent podcast and I decided to check it out. I'm surprised at how BM-ish it is as I thought they had left that fine land behind for more whacky pastures. It sounds really good. What else of their more recent material is worth listening to?

Quote from: Eoin McLove on January 10, 2023, 11:04:03 AMSigh- Shiki. AA mentioned this on his recent podcast and I decided to check it out. I'm surprised at how BM-ish it is as I thought they had left that fine land behind for more whacky pastures. It sounds really good. What else of their more recent material is worth listening to?

Gave this a go when it came out last year because it seemed to be getting lots of praise and I thought it was terrible which is a shame because the cover art is amazing. I don't like anything after Ghastly with the exception of a few songs from Hangman and Hail Horror Hail is still to this day one of the worst albums I have ever heard.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on January 10, 2023, 11:04:03 AMSigh- Shiki. AA mentioned this on his recent podcast and I decided to check it out. I'm surprised at how BM-ish it is as I thought they had left that fine land behind for more whacky pastures. It sounds really good. What else of their more recent material is worth listening to?

This sounds pretty good

The production is top quality

Guitar solos may be a bit too virtuosic rather than vitriolic for me though  ;)

Never really bothered with them tbh
That needs to change!

Morbid Angel - Abominations Of Desolation. I love how unhinged this is. Classic stuff.

Abysmalist - Vile Possession. This passed me by last year. Excellent stuff.

Blut Aus Nord - 777 - Cosmosophy. Haven't heard this in a while. It's fucking class. Must do the trilogy in the next few days.

Satyricon - Now Diabolical. Sort of pop BM but the good bits are wonky enough that I really enjoy it. Only real complaint is that some of the tunes are far too long.

#8634 January 11, 2023, 02:25:27 PM Last Edit: January 11, 2023, 02:46:03 PM by londonleatherboy
Cradle of Filth - Total Fucking Darkness. cd reissue
Cradle' - Vempire.cd
Gamma Ray - To The Metal. Vinyl
De Profundis - The Corruption of Virtue.cd
Vader - De Profundis .cd
Enforcer- Live By Fire 2. Vinyl

Liturgy - Ark Work. I love this album. It's sort of stupid but there's not anything like it that I can think of other than more Liturgy.

Skepticism- Companion. I experienced the simple pleasure of arriving through the gate to work just as the last note of the album sounded  8)

Love that, perfect.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Decapitated - Winds Of Creation. What a ripper.
Kvist - For Kunsten Maa Vi Evig Vike.
This was on AA's podcast about under the radar/overlooked Norwegian BM. It's quite good, nice production mix.

Anthrax - Among the Living.

Absolute belter of an album from a band that don't get much of s look in at my house.