Forbidden Temple- Step Into the Black Pentagram.

Death - Leprosy
Genesis - Foxtrot

Still spinning Hushed and Grim, really a fantastic album, varied and interesting.

Fear Inoculum - Tool

#8643 January 13, 2023, 09:51:43 AM Last Edit: January 13, 2023, 09:54:05 AM by Eoin McLove
Gjendød- I Utakt Med Verden. I think Gjendød might just be up there among, if not the very top of Norwegian BM (and I mean the classic 90s stuff), the second or third tiers of legendary bands. And even that's an almost impossible position for a band to attain in this day and age.

Maybe that should be in controversial opinions.

Pearl Jam - Riot Act

I loved the first three albums but haven't listened to them in years, and never got around to any of the stuff they've done after those. If it's all as dull as this I don't reckon I've missed much

Even by Vitalogy they were well ìnto the beige zone I reckon. Haven't bothered with them after that, bar a couple of live albums and their best of from ~15 years ago.

After listening to the most recent Radical Research podcast, today it's a joyous trip through the four Atheist albums.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on January 13, 2023, 09:51:43 AMGjendød- I Utakt Med Verden. I think Gjendød might just be up there among, if not the very top of Norwegian BM (and I mean the classic 90s stuff), the second or third tiers of legendary bands. And even that's an almost impossible position for a band to attain in this day and age.

Maybe that should be in controversial opinions.

I don't think it's controversial at all.
The first album has that 90s style without aping the bands from way Mack when.
Each album progresses.
The third was a bit hit and miss for me but the latest is excellent.
Top tier stuff full of everything that I want in that style and more.
They are one of my favourite bands to have a run through the full discography.
Having said that I have yet to pull the trigger on the demos.

The demos are phenomena. Some of their best stuff. Pick up the compilation whenever you get a chance.

Cryptic Shift - Visitations From Ecaladus 7.5/10
Manowar - Steel Hearts At War 9/10
Dread Sovereign - Alchemical Warfare 8.5/10
Exhumed - To The Dead 8/10
Beherit - Engram 7/10
Malevolent Creation - Stillborn 6/10
                      Retribution 7/10
                      The Ten Commandments 9/10
Einherjer - Oden Owns Ye All 8/10
Sigh - Shiki 9/10
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Quote from: Bürggermeister on January 13, 2023, 03:17:31 PMAfter listening to the most recent Radical Research podcast, today it's a joyous trip through the four Atheist albums.

Yes I checked that Podcast out after reading this. Very good, Elements was one album that passed me by. Must check it out.

Elements is a class album

And the colour green

Candlemass: Epicus Doomicus Metallicus

'Black Stone Wielder', have not listened to this in a while, riffs!.

Geasa- Fate's Lost Son.

Dr. Octagon - Dr. Octagonecologyst
Exodus - Pleasures Of The Flesh
Epidemic - Decameron
Anthrax - Volume 8
Forced Entry - Uncertain Future