Dio - Magica, apart from a few duds in the 90s I'd rate nearly everything he's done and this is right up there with his best stuff

Anata - The Conductor's Departure

Where oh where is the new album from these lads!?  :abbath:

Sigh - Scorn Defeat
Ataraxy - Revelations of the Ethereal
Mitochondrion - Parasignosis
Ulcerate - Shrines of Paralysis
Tony Williams Lifetime - The Collection
Tribal Tech - Tribal Tech
XTC - Drums and Wires, Black Sea

Dead good Saturday night.

#513 May 26, 2019, 02:41:40 PM Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 02:45:13 PM by Thorn
Corpse Garden -  IAO 269

Going out on a limb here but there can't be to many better offerings of dark ,twisted Death Metal from Costa Rica. The bass playing on this is ace, adding a whole new dimension to proceedings until eventually saying fuck it and taking over completely.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Skaphe 2, it's got that swirling, disorienting, sea sickness inducing feeling.
Also the Vassafor / Temple Nightside split Call of the Maelstrom, the musical equivalent of a rocket taking off into space. Highly anticipating both bands releases later in the year.

Machine Head - Catharsis

Amenra - Mass VI
Mad Season - Above
Alice in Chains - Facelift
Trouble - Psalm 9

Steel Prophet - The God Machine

Generically bland cover ensures no vinyl purchase here but a definite case of side A and B going on, pumping, driving US Power Metal from the start, falls off a cliff into snakehipped Coverdale territory towards the end. Identity crisis for these veterans?
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Dodsrit - S/T

Swedish BM/Crust Punk with a real epic vibe.

Emperor -  Anthems (perfect album)

Spirit Adrift - Divided by Darkness

Probably my album of the year so far, just really, really good Heavy Metal.

Final Fantasy VII soundtracks for about two days now, I go through phases of it every now and again.  Great stuff.

Most of the Cult of Fire and Howls of Ebb discographies. The latter really are just about the finest metal band of recent times.