#3960 January 18, 2021, 05:16:42 PM Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 05:19:10 PM by open face surgery
Quote from: Paul keohane on January 18, 2021, 11:23:50 AM
Went on an early  Cannibal corpse buzz the last day or so,first 4 are incredible.Loved them when i first got into DM,i constantly change my mind as to which one is my favourite.Butchered,Tomb or The Bleeding,hard to pick between those 3!.Barnes some vocalists in his prime,everything just worked on those early albums.

Been back and forth with the first few records since I watched the documentary a year or two ago. So fuckin good. She Was Asking For It is a perfect tune and title. As one of the man gateway bands they were sort of left behind for me but they still stand up.

Reverend Bizarre - In the Rectory...
Blows me away every single time.

Corrupted - El Mundo Frio
Been years. A fuckin beaut of an album.

Barnes's lyrics were second to none in his day. I love how open ended that title is. Twenty seven years after its release and we are still left to wonder at what exactly it was that she asking for. A pay rise? Equal rights? A new bra? Perhaps we'll never know, but it continues to raise important questions as to the type of society we want to live in. Bravo.

Quote from: open face surgery on January 18, 2021, 05:16:42 PM
Been back and forth with the first few records since I watched the documentary a year or two ago. So fuckin good. She Was Asking For It is a perfect tune and title. As one of the man gateway bands they were sort of left behind for me but they still stand up.
Yeah the doc is class,one of the best.
Same i left them behind years ago,they were just churning out album after album that just all sounded the same.

Quote from: Paul keohane on January 18, 2021, 11:23:50 AM
Went on an early  Cannibal corpse buzz the last day or so,first 4 are incredible.Loved them when i first got into DM,i constantly change my mind as to which one is my favourite.Butchered,Tomb or The Bleeding,hard to pick between those 3!.Barnes some vocalists in his prime,everything just worked on those early albums.

See, he was the weak link for me. Fine on Eaten... and half the songs on The Bleeding (and the demo, I suppose), but on Butchered... and Tomb... I can't stand his vocals. Just a grunt, even for death metal it was too monotonous.

And the less said about Six Feet Under, the better.

The Bleeding and Butchered at Birth would feature on any all time list I was doing.

Dearth-  To Crown All Befoulment. Clear yet murky death metal.
Terror- Lowest Of  The Low.  A balls out monster.

My Dying Bride - The Ghost Of Orion.
Bethlehem -Dark Metal.
Borknagar -Borknagar.
Morbid Angel -Covenant.
In the Woods -Strange in Stereo.

Absolutely love Cannibal corpse but everything after Gallery was so dull. Gallery felt like they were becoming a bit experimental but everything after was so generic.

Eaten is still my favourite corpse album followed closely by tomb.

Black Sabbath-Master of Reality
Tiamat-Clouds
Sigh-Infidel Art
Celtic Frost-Into the Pandemonium.

#3969 January 19, 2021, 01:08:13 AM Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 02:15:07 AM by Carnage
Soundgarden: Badmotorfinger Outtakes
Schammasch: Hearts Of No Light

Slayer - Decade of Aggression

Dying fetus- descend into depravity

For Caomhaoin's jog later....  :abbath:

Guinea Pig - Plasmodium (2014)

https://youtu.be/P6-phViRz-s

#3973 January 19, 2021, 09:11:23 PM Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 06:34:11 AM by Caomhaoin
Quote from: Kurt Cocaine on January 19, 2021, 02:39:30 PM
For Caomhaoin's jog later....  :abbath:

Guinea Pig - Plasmodium (2014)

https://youtu.be/P6-phViRz-s

Nice one big lad :)

Inquisiton - Nefarious Dismal Orations

Despite the Dimmu Borgir-esque nonsensical album titles, these boys are class, catchier than BM should be maybe, but class.

Christian Mistress - Possession
Trouble - Psalm 9
Black Sabbath - Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
Gong - you
Gentle Giant - Octopus