In spring down here but the association is still there  8)

Nine Inch Nails- The Fragile. Never heard a note of this before, despite growing up with Pretty Hate Machine and The Downward Spiral. Sounds bloody good.

Great through headphones or decent speakers. First time I heard it was through surround sound in a friend's homebuilt cinema (converted shed), bloody amazing. Never topped that first listen.

The two new tracks Suffocation have up on Spotify are belters,a return to form?

Quote from: Eoin McLove on November 01, 2023, 08:05:37 PMNine Inch Nails- The Fragile. Never heard a note of this before, despite growing up with Pretty Hate Machine and The Downward Spiral. Sounds bloody good.

Only got into it maybe last year. It's incredible.

Fjøsnisse- Fjord Og Fjeld :abbath:
                   Vorg

Quote from: open face surgery on November 01, 2023, 08:49:46 PM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on November 01, 2023, 08:05:37 PMNine Inch Nails- The Fragile. Never heard a note of this before, despite growing up with Pretty Hate Machine and The Downward Spiral. Sounds bloody good.

Only got into it maybe last year. It's incredible.

An all time favourite here.  Goes on regularly.  I prefer TDS for the violence and brevity (compared to it at least) but The Fragile is still absolutely class.

Astfgyl there has a demented four hour version of it put together out of b-sides, alternate versions, vinyl & tape exclusive tracks to the CD, and remixes in parts, all laid out in a "correct" order - if ye ever feel like the punishment :laugh:

I'm liking the sound of it but I think a double disc is more than enough for me.

Quote from: OpenSores on October 31, 2023, 09:55:50 PM
Quote from: Anvil on October 31, 2023, 02:13:05 PMCirith Ungol - Dark Parade

Getting repeat listens here...

Yeah.  It is a great album.   

Iron Maiden - Somewhere in Time
Dismember - The Complete Demos 1988-1990
Wayfarer - American Gothic
Atonement - Sadistic Invaders (great evil Thrash)
Sorcerer - Reign of the Reaper.
Malokarpatan - Krupinske Ohne

Been blasting
Godflesh -Purge
Undeath - It's Time Rise From The Grave
Third Island -Burning

I'm really looking forward to seeing Godlesh perform material from the new album. Very strong album, one of their best. Anyone else agree?

Yep, it's mighty. Nice throwback to earlier eras but plenty of their updated sound in the mix too.

I've been exploring Chilean Death Metal. There's some savage stuff out there, especially Unaussprechlichen Kulten who sound like Immolation playing on the Event Horizon spaceship.

Unaussprechlichen Kulten - Baphomet Pan Shub-Niggurath
Mortify - Fragments at the Edge of Sorrow
Blood Oath - Lost In An Eternal Silence
Atomic Aggressor – Sights Of Suffering

Savage country for DM. There's a thread here somewhere as well. Also worth checking out are Morbid Cruelty and Exanimatvm.

https://burningcoffinrecs.bandcamp.com/album/holodomor

https://exanimatvmdm.bandcamp.com/album/sollvm-ipsa-mor

#10753 November 02, 2023, 02:58:25 PM Last Edit: November 02, 2023, 03:00:45 PM by Jward
Quote from: Carnage on November 01, 2023, 08:32:29 PMGreat through headphones or decent speakers. First time I heard it was through surround sound in a friend's homebuilt cinema (converted shed), bloody amazing. Never topped that first listen.

Savage listening experience there!

Great album
Some cracking tunes on it
The production is immense

Saw them on this tour in Munich
The gig had sold out, but luckily enough found someone to swap Bloodhound Gang tickets with, that were playing the same night  :laugh:

I know, I know! What was I doing with Bloodhound Gang tickets !!!!  :laugh:

Listening to Type O Negative - World Coming Down

They played the same spot on this tour as NIN above ... kick ass

Doing it like they do on the Discovery Channel?