Quote from: Don Gately on December 14, 2019, 11:11:21 AM
Yes the best of Therapy? is contained in those recordings. Also Nurse was quite good.  Even though Troublegum and Infernal Love are very good albums I still return to the earlier stuff.

I'm kinda the opposite - love Troublegum, Infernal Love (and some of the mid-period albums are great too, if a bit patchy), but aside from Teethgrinder and Potato Junkie I can't get into the earlier stuff at all..

Not enough "song" to them.

Radiohead - Kid A

A band I've never listened to for whatever reason so just got a random inkling to check them out, stuck this album on because I've heard it described as a classic and absolutely shite  :laugh:.

80's Hardcore vinyl binge:
T.S.O.L - S/T
Bad Brains - I against I
Negative Approach -Tied Down
Void- Sessions 81-83

Feeling a bit 1984. Judas Priest - Hellion/Electric Eye.

Quote from: ldj on December 17, 2019, 08:08:10 PM
Radiohead - Kid A

A band I've never listened to for whatever reason so just got a random inkling to check them out, stuck this album on because I've heard it described as a classic and absolutely shite  :laugh:.

Their sound has evolved a lot over the years.

I say give The Bends and OK Computer a go, I personally think they're their best albums by a mile.

Batushka - Hospodi
Sarke - Gastwerso

Suicidal Tendencies - Lights.... Camera.... Revolution

This album can also be included in the favourite riffs thread. Mike Clark and Rocky George at their absolute best here.

Altar of Perversion, Intra Naos, it's huge. A hair under 2 hours of wonky sinister BM. Flies by though.

Gorefest-La Murte,one of the finest 'come back' albums by any of the old gurard DM bands.

Nevermore - Dead Heart in a Dead World and Warrel Dane - Praises to the War Machine.

Spotted it was the anniversary of his death the other day so stuck these on. Always loved his vocals but forgot how great his lyrics are

Altar of Plagues - Mammal

Quote from: Trev on December 18, 2019, 02:29:51 PM
Nevermore - Dead Heart in a Dead World and Warrel Dane - Praises to the War Machine.

Spotted it was the anniversary of his death the other day so stuck these on. Always loved his vocals but forgot how great his lyrics are

He had such great nuance to his vocals, I think the only person that comes close is Jason McMaster. And his lyrics were often really fucking dark without descending into cliché. An underrated frontman and such a loss, really miss Nevermore.

Shares his anniversary with Schuldiner too.

Quote from: Scáthach on December 18, 2019, 01:43:36 PM
Altar of Perversion, Intra Naos, it's huge. A hair under 2 hours of wonky sinister BM. Flies by though.

Giving this a listen now, some amazing stuff.

Immolation - Atonement.
Never got around to checking it out when it came out. Loving it, some monster riffs on it.
It got me listening to Dawn of Possession and Close to a World Below, two classics!!! Hadn't stuck them on in years.
Of the classic DM bands, these guys are still doing what they do well.

Arch / Matheos - Sympathetic Resonance

Great gear. Just saw they released something new this year. I need to get on it.