Jaysus Cryptopsy completely lost the plot after the third album, and even that doesn't come close to the first two.

I think the fretless bass does get up lads noses, it's not for everyone.

Albums 2 n 3 for me! epic epic epic epic!

None so Vile and Whisper Supremacy...... wow! must revisit the first one.

The discussion on Death's Individual Thought Patterns....had subject listen on the way home. Great album, I love the angle of the lyrics and there are some epic epic moments on it.

Note to self: Leprosy in car!!!! :D  :D  :D  :D

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on August 03, 2023, 04:30:19 PMWhen folk are talking about "jazzy" stuff on ITP, I'm guessing that is more or less limited to DiGiorgio's fretless bass? I suppose that is a divisive choice. Because otherwise, Hoglan and LaRocque really don't bring any "jazz" to the table, compared to Reinert and Christy or Masvidal, and I don't think there's anything particularly jazzy in the structure of the songs themselves. But yeah, I do forget that some people really hate that fretless bass sound in metal  :laugh:  :abbath:

I never hear people discuss the jazz aspect of "Fiend For Blood", funnily enough.

First 4 Cryptopsy are amazing with NSV being leagues ahead of the pack but I don't think Langlois used a fretless. He did some of that slap and pluck shit that didn't age too well but think it was all fretted.

I can understand the hatred of the fretless but doesn't come into play with Di Giorgio for me. Ye into Sadus? Stargazer and all other bands that dude plays in use the fretless tastefully.

Quote from: Carnage on August 03, 2023, 04:15:27 PMTSOP is one of the worst albums I've ever heard, absolute shite. His voice is an unlistenable squeal and the songs are just a mess.
I love it myself,but totally get the hate for the vocals! :laugh:

Quote from: Carnage on August 02, 2023, 11:58:26 PMI'm guessing the fourth one is Spiritual Healing? All great bar ITP, change that for Leprosy (their best) and you have all the good stuff.
ITP is fantastic  ???

Nine Inch Nails - Broken

Nine Inch Nails - Fixed

Fuckin unreal tack

I must go back to Fixed, haven't heard it in decades. Wasn't sure about it at the time.

I love it. I'd nearly always listen to the one after the other with those EPs. A little self contained era between pretty hate machine and all the rest of it. I had those EPs on tape at one stage

Quote from: astfgyl on August 04, 2023, 12:01:10 AMNine Inch Nails - Broken

Nine Inch Nails - Fixed

Fuckin unreal tack
Both lethal, I have a bootleg record here too of both EPs in one set.

Quote from: open face surgery on August 03, 2023, 05:58:08 PMFirst 4 Cryptopsy are amazing with NSV being leagues ahead of the pack but I don't think Langlois used a fretless. He did some of that slap and pluck shit that didn't age too well but think it was all fretted.

I can understand the hatred of the fretless but doesn't come into play with Di Giorgio for me. Ye into Sadus? Stargazer and all other bands that dude plays in use the fretless tastefully.

Nah didn't mean Cryptopsy with the fretless.

Which one is the 4th, 'and then you'll beg'? The vocals ruin it for me.

Manowar - Number 1..... just the song... on repeat!

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :abbath:

The Crawling - All Of This For Nothing

Only two tracks in and loving it! Catching them live before Gaerea was really fortunate for me!

Samhain-SamhainIII-November-Coming-Fire
Voivod-Morgoth Tales
Oxbow-Loves Holiday
Neurosis-The Eye Of Every Storm
Scáth Na Déithe-Virulent Providence

#10049 August 04, 2023, 10:51:41 PM Last Edit: August 04, 2023, 10:53:39 PM by Bürggermeister
Quote from: leatherface on July 10, 2023, 06:55:02 PMSacral Rage: Illusions In Infinite Void (2015) 

A unique sounding prog thrash album
Just bought this off bandcamp and listening to it now. Definitely my cup of tea, somewhere between Watchtower and Agent Steel, brilliant stuff.