Quote from: Eoin McLove on July 17, 2020, 10:43:55 AM
"Recorded to 2" tape" is a current cool underground trend/ virtue signal that fills me with trepidation.  Oh,  they are recoding to tape,  they must be good! The same 20 year olds who "only listen to 80s metal!". Gimps.

you're not wrong here that two trends which were kind of nice to see a few years ago, have become hollowed out and trite.

By solipsistic I was referring to your (dis)ability (too 97?) to drag your bleak cul-de-sac philosophical view of existence into every discussion, ie making it all about you. Like how Nixer had to make every topic revolve around him and his fantastic personality. This is ultimately a metal music forum,  not a session on your councelor's chair.

Sure, at the end of the day, if we take a good long, hard look at ourselves, haven't we all at one time or another been guilty of calling someone "solipsistic" when what we really meant was "omphaloskeptic"?

Incidentally, 'Solipsistic Omphaloskeptic' is the most awesome technical DM album humanity has ever created. Real pity for the rest of you I never released or even performed it outside of my own mind  :abbath:

Quote from: mugz on July 18, 2020, 01:23:28 PM
you've used big words correctly before, and you've sort of used 'solipsistic' correctly here too, but in a fine example of multiple irony, failed to realise it applies mainly to you. I tried to bring the complete opposite of solipsism to this thread- by trying to drag the entire topic out of self referentialism, out of my head, out of yours too; that was the entire source of my irritation, that this stuff is becoming autonomic, and despite that you still don't get it.

And this is a fine example of how one person can use so many words to so little effect. Over the course of however many posts you have inflicted on this board, I am yet to recall one coherent observation or argument. And McLove is right, you're just derailing perfectly decent topics by tying everything into your own maudlin worldview. On the plus side though, if you ever decide to kill anyone or commit a similar serious offence, there isn't an investigator out there who could get anything resembling an admission out of you, so you're safe on that front.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on July 18, 2020, 01:41:29 PM
By solipsistic I was referring to your (dis)ability (too 97?) to drag your bleak cul-de-sac philosophical view of existence into every discussion, ie making it all about you. Like how Nixer had to make every topic revolve around him and his fantastic personality. This is ultimately a metal music forum,  not a session on your councelor's chair.

in some respects that fair, and I'm deleting everything, because I simply don't care anymore about any of the things relevant to this board. I even asked for one of the mods to delete my profile and all my posts, but it seems fair that I do it myself.

Quote from: mugz on July 18, 2020, 06:30:11 PM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on July 18, 2020, 01:41:29 PM

in some respects that fair, and I'm deleting everything, because I simply don't care anymore about any of the things relevant to this board. I even asked for one of the mods to delete my profile and all my posts, but it seems fair that I do it myself.

Reduced to quoted fragments, just like the pre-Socratics! What will the digital archaeologists of tomorrow make of "mugz"?

#132 July 18, 2020, 11:03:09 PM Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 11:11:48 PM by mugz
Quote from: Eoin McLove on July 18, 2020, 09:08:39 PM
#notthatmuch

youre entirely welcome to see if you feel like being 'witty' in person. id actually be delighted to orphan your kid.

Are we ordering hits or strongly worded letters  :laugh:?