#105 July 18, 2020, 03:49:49 AM Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 01:40:48 PM by mugz

#106 July 18, 2020, 04:14:09 AM Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 01:41:02 PM by mugz

Quote from: Slaughterday on July 18, 2020, 12:08:05 AM
Ah yes perfect example with Black Sabbath. Some of the Tony Martin stuff is far better than the weakest Ozzy Black Sabbath albums. I ignored them for years as well based on absolutely fuck all.
There's one right there. No doubt you're talking about Technical Ecstasy and Never Say Die. I love those two albums, so many good songs across the two of those, just a lighter sound. They're fucking great. I will echo the praise for Tony Martin Sabbath though, Eternal Idol (the song) being among the very heaviest riffs Iommi ever wrote.

Also, seven posts of bollocks in a row? The troll is sapping the enjoyment out of this place.

Lord above. Where did this mugz character drop out of?

Its like reading something from 15 years ago when forums were full of lads desperate to be some sort of personality.

You hardly just got the Internet yesterday did you? Or is it a genuine mid life crisis played out on MI2? What kind of shit posting have you been up to for the last 20 years? So many questions!

But quit asking yourself too many of them. Go out and bang a whore, grab a bag of coke and a bottle of Buckie and head home and listen to In The Sign Of Evil and turn off your Internet.

The posts read like Lysander's old ones from MI.

As annoying as he is, he raises an interesting point. This idea of relevance. Throughout the history of literature and music and other art forms we have seen a re-thinking of things that have gone before, whereby work that was considered weak or substandard in its time is looked over again and new value is given to it.

This has happened with artists and writers and musicians and I don't see why an exploration of these things is so bad. Certainly 80's metal has been re-assessed, with many bands now touring and releasing albums, that had been previously confined to the slag-heap.

Am I saying Roots or No Prayer are such albums. Well not necessarily. But, I'm not going to not entertain the idea. If someone doesn't like that way of thinking, then go start a different thread.

The topic is spot on, as with most other topics here,  before they are derailed by boring and predictable solipsistic waffle.

Quote from: mugz on July 18, 2020, 03:49:49 AM
where to go now that the capstone era of metal - the 00s and first half of the 2010s- has failed?

What in God's name are you on about now? Capstone era??!! Actually, don't explain...

Quote from: Slaughterday on July 18, 2020, 08:32:15 AM
The posts read like Lysander's old ones from MI.
A healthy diet of snickers and tuna.

#116 July 18, 2020, 12:06:00 PM Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 12:07:55 PM by The Butcher
Just stuck on Roots there, it's a tough listen...couldn't get through it, would have preferred if they just had a bunch of 'Jasco' type tracks meshed with the tribal ideas from Chaos on it and went completely left of field with it instead of chasing the nu-metal wave growing since 1994 post grunge.

And I wish these guys would do us a favour and not call themselves Sepultura post Roots...I try to give that post Max stuff a listen (the Autem song that was posted), I just can't shake the idea that it's not "Sepultura". A vocalist is too integral to a bands identity for me.

Quote from: The Butcher on July 18, 2020, 12:06:00 PM
And I wish these guys would do us a favour and not call themselves Sepultura post Roots...I try to give that post Max stuff a listen (the Autem song that was posted), I just can't shake the idea that it's not "Sepultura". A vocalist is too integral to a bands identity for me.

Well the time to do that was almost a quarter of a century ago, not now. I don't think it's fair to everyone else in the band. Judging by what Max went on to do and what Seps did, they lost a shitty rhythm guitarist and a bog standard vocalists. Anyway, Derrick Greene has been Sepultura's frontman for twice as long as Max.

Sepultura's sound has always been Andreas Kisser and Igor Cavalera's playing (and latterly Eloy Cassagrande) not Max's vocals, they're such a small part of it. Greene does the old stuff justice and still has his own thing going on. He's also powerful live and has great stage presence.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on July 18, 2020, 10:25:54 AM
The topic is spot on, as with most other topics here,  before they are derailed by boring and predictable solipsistic waffle.

you've used big words correctly before, and you've sort of used 'solipsistic' correctly here too, but in a fine example of multiple irony, failed to realise it applies mainly to you. I tried to bring the complete opposite of solipsism to this thread- by trying to drag the entire topic out of self referentialism, out of my head, out of yours too; that was the entire source of my irritation, that this stuff is becoming autonomic, and despite that you still don't get it.

not only are you quite stupid, you're sufficiently stupid you don't even realise it.