#600 October 04, 2021, 01:42:19 PM Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 02:05:15 PM by Snare
You can scroll right for the full flyer details - July 1994 and over by 11.30 indeed.

I don't recall the date was anything to do with Benediction visiting (year earlier mr merch man?).

That was likely  the gig where an underage Shane O'Donovan of Heresy got a hopper (broke his arm i believe) after stage diving. That's the only injury I was ever aware of at any of those Nancy gigs.

#601 October 04, 2021, 04:18:50 PM Last Edit: February 28, 2024, 04:03:11 PM by Shane
 :abbath:

Quote from: Snare on October 04, 2021, 01:42:19 PM
You can scroll right for the full flyer details - July 1994 and over by 11.30 indeed.

I don't recall the date was anything to do with Benediction visiting (year earlier mr merch man?).

That was likely  the gig where an underage Shane O'Donovan of Heresy got a hopper (broke his arm i believe) after stage diving. That's the only injury I was ever aware of at any of those Nancy gigs.

Might be that - I've a very clear memory of some uncious lad being dragged it into the hall while a group of folks tried to figure out wether an ambulance was needed after a stage diving incident, though I though it was some fat fuck flattened him. My memory is obviously not the best haha

Ha, ye could well be right and it's my memory's that shot! If I know anything it's that Shane's the Jimmy Magee of metal memories so I'd go with yere recollections first!

That Benediction gig was the end of March 1994 as I recall. Steo Norton, Paul Kearns and myself were on the same CIE bus. That stop in Urlingford was very odd. Change of driver and all that. The Benediction gig was an early one and sure Steo and myself stayed in your place, Brian.  Doomsgame supported. The Benediction lads were great fun, Peter Rew and Frank Healy in particular come to mind. Later in April of same year Afterlife and Thy Sinister Bloom played gigs in Nancy Spains with Ogre, Etheral and a newly formed Cruachan- all those shows were hosted by you Brian. Fair play mate.

Bölzer/TROB ticket for Limerick.

King Diamond - Unholy Rites cassette box set. I tried hard to resist buying this as I don't use cassettes much anymore. Still, it looks awesome.

Quote from: Snare on October 04, 2021, 01:42:19 PM

He kind of  got the blame for it being impossible to get into gigs in Nancys after if you were underage.Not sure if it was related or just pure coincidence.

Cheers Grindcory bro🤘🏻Those bus trips were killer back before motorways opened up the country, hard to imagine those tea breaks now  :D

Poor Shane took the brunt for everything afterwards, probably blamed for the city flooding as well! I think it was a wake up call after the parents contacted the venue, but I thought they did a good job before that. I remember hiding some buddies in the jacks before the first gig I put on (Fifth Dominion, Cursed Earth, Primordial and Lamentations). Of course they couldn't stay quiet and were too giddy after sharing a bottle of Westcoast Cooler or something and got thrown out early doors! 🤦🏼

Ordered a CD and MCD from Saturnal records in Finland back in April, received an email last night that the order has finally been processed so I suppose its on it way

Zemial - For The Glory Of Ur, LP

In the last week or so...

Ride for Revenge - The Sinking Song LP
In Battle - s/t LP
In Battle - The Rage of the Northmen LP
Monsters of Death - Compilation LP
Pathological - Compilation LP
Obtained Enslavement - Soulblight LP
Obtained Enslavement - Witchcraft LP
Profetus - ...To Open the Passages in Dusk 2LP

Quote from: Snare on October 13, 2021, 12:32:48 AM
Cheers Grindcory bro🤘🏻Those bus trips were killer back before motorways opened up the country, hard to imagine those tea breaks now  :D

Poor Shane took the brunt for everything afterwards, probably blamed for the city flooding as well! I think it was a wake up call after the parents contacted the venue, but I thought they did a good job before that. I remember hiding some buddies in the jacks before the first gig I put on (Fifth Dominion, Cursed Earth, Primordial and Lamentations). Of course they couldn't stay quiet and were too giddy after sharing a bottle of Westcoast Cooler or something and got thrown out early doors! 🤦🏼

two thirds of Lamentations were underage at that gig in fact :laugh:

New 1914 on lp..toxik reissue on vinyl..new cradle cd ..accept blood of the nations vinyl reissue, somehow missed that when it came out

Traveller is getting a vinyl repress... finally! I did fork out for an original pressing recently, but I think I'll get one of these too and keep the original safe:
https://www.facebook.com/sloughfegofficial/posts/10158721251804401