Quote from: Slaughterday on November 07, 2020, 06:17:57 PM
I had great hopes for that Atramentus album but it was missing something, played it a few times on Spotify but could never get into it.

Yeah, I mean it was long enough in the making ,I wonder if more went into the story than the actual music. I like putting it on to lie down during the day (I work nights) but in the same sort of ballpark the last Evoken, Hypnagogia, is vastly superior.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

#226 November 09, 2020, 07:04:29 PM Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 07:29:12 PM by Eoin McLove
Vintersorg- Till Fjälls del II.

This CD arrived in the post today. It comes with a bonus disc but I can't seem to find info on what that is. Re-recordings of older material? An EP? Trés mysterious!

Edit. If a review I read is correct, it seems the 2nd CD is a companion to/ continuation of Hedniskhjärtad. I have grown to love that EP so high expectations.

King Crimson - Discipline

Tulus- Pure Black Energy CD.  Just arrived so that'll be my evening's entertainment with a few Guinni. Man, what a cover. It gives the Gjendød debut a run for its money  :laugh:

Where did you pick up the Gjendød stuff? The label bandcamp?

Hellthrasher for the albums,  Darker than Black/Merchant of Death for the EPs and the vinyl editions of the albums.

Thanks. I was on the hell thrasher bandcamp.  I'll have to get the first album with the jolly cover.

#232 November 14, 2020, 02:23:20 PM Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 08:40:53 PM by Eoin McLove
Yep,  it's class. Their new album is coming out on the 28th which from the samples sounds like it will be a winner. If you can grab this demo compilation I'd recommend it. This is their best stuff so far,  in my opinion.

https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Gjend%C3%B8d/Skygger_fra_d%C3%B8dsriket/728720

Thanks for the recommendation. I saw they have a new one coming. That shirt is calling out as well.

A shirt with the new album cover? I'd buy that! Nice to see another side of Kittelsen's work.

Gehenna-First Spell
Old Man's Child-In the Shades of Life
Ancient-Svartalvheim
All originals and price including postage very reasonable so happy out.  :abbath:

I was wrong, sorry. The shirt i was looking at was from the release last March with the yellow/ brown cover

Effroi/ Crypts of Wallachia split 7".

Nine different Swans albums on CD. Had various ones in bits and bobs over the years but wanted to get the proper versions, especially after seeing the documentary the other week. Could probably have skipped buying the Soundtracks For The Blind/Die Tür Ist Zu reissue as I have the originals but I'm an idiot, so...