Oh I didn't realise he had a show like that. Fuck that so

New World Order I think it's called. Him, Jupp a different comedian and guest every episode. Essentially a half hour of Boyle pointing his vitriol at people in the news, politics etc., but quite 'right on'.

Is Jupp a co-presenter now? I watched the first ever episode of that and went, "meh". I could never watch too much of Boyle even at his height though, always got a bit derivative after a while, the "S/he looks like what you'd get if you crossed improbable X with even more improbable Y" twenty times in every show. Surely an algorithm can do those jokes better than him now.

His "woke" credentials do go back to at least 2010 though, with the Palestine-Israel joke that got him temporarily booted from the Beeb.

Was it not the 'Jordan getting ridden by her son' joke that got him the boot?

Jupp's been on every episode I've seen, more of a constant panel member than a host I suppose.

#154 June 20, 2022, 04:30:06 PM Last Edit: June 20, 2022, 04:44:09 PM by Ollkiller
That Bill Burr special was nearly all shit. Carr bombed as he's just not funny but ya the crowd were awful. Those one liners get old very quickly. Rest of the comedians were awful bar Jessica Kirson who was fucking brilliant.

#155 June 20, 2022, 05:06:41 PM Last Edit: June 20, 2022, 05:11:32 PM by StoutAndAle
Quote from: Ollkiller on June 20, 2022, 04:30:06 PM
That Bill Burr special was nearly all shit. Carr bombed as he's just not funny but ya the crowd were awful. Those one liners get old very quickly. Rest of the comedians were awful bar Jessica Kirson who was fucking brilliant.

I always enjoy Burr but, yeah, - the more I've been thinking about it - most of it was rubbish. The crowd were lifeless though. One review said that it was made up of a lot of Netflix employees because it was part of the Netflix Is A Joke festival which is a bit like one of Apple's corporate retreats. I don't know if that's true.

Yer wan who looked and sounded like Macho Man Randy Savage in a leather dress... my Christ... it was like listening to a sexually frustrated wino. There are now dozens female comedians all making the same jokes about their bodies, their physique and their... eh... personal hygiene aromas - not one of them is funny.

Part of me thinks that Carr decided to walk the room - just to amuse himself - after sensing the audience weren't going to laugh unless they got written permission. I've seen him live a few times and he thrives on crowd-work. Some of his recorded stuff doesn't do him justice.

Ian Edwards did a good job with his set. Very clever. Lost in the middle of all the shite.

You're right about Jessica Kirson - that's where the fucking thing should have ended. She lit the place up.

Don't know why any of ye are blaming the audience. This is shit comedy. Bill Burr's set was decent, but after that... :/

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on June 21, 2022, 01:05:14 PM
Don't know why any of ye are blaming the audience. This is shit comedy. Bill Burr's set was decent, but after that... :/

Did u watch Jessica Kirsons set?

Yeah, not my style. But the audience were into it, again kinda making me wonder why they're being blamed for not responding better to the other material.

New Bill Burr special from Netflix. Not the thing with his largely unfunny "friends", just him like. Watched 10 minutes, seems legit, will watch it all tonight. One way or the other, even when some of his jokes fall flat, I just love how he performs.

Cool, will check it out. Ive probably posted this before but his Philadelphia rant is still the best thing ever. Went on after the crowd had booed everyone before him and he tore the crowd to shreds.

https://youtu.be/3jMhoGUiIkk

https://youtu.be/RG0cjYbXxME

Great interview here with Bill Burr where he discusses how he got into comedy. He just such a funny dude, even when he's being himself- ie not performing. He talks about the Philadelphia show too. His take on bombing is brilliant.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on July 13, 2022, 12:26:11 PM
New Bill Burr special from Netflix. Not the thing with his largely unfunny "friends", just him like. Watched 10 minutes, seems legit, will watch it all tonight. One way or the other, even when some of his jokes fall flat, I just love how he performs.

Class. One of his best. He really does the take-no-prisoners approach how it should be done: indiscriminately.

Just finished it myself, one of his best alright. It took me a long time to come around to him but he's a firm favourite now, might be the best in the game.