Quote from: The Heretic on February 14, 2020, 12:59:41 PM

hard to believe that's from the year 2020?

I can't stop looking at this. It's like a screen shot from a bad Sims expansion.

Quote from: Kurt Cocaine on February 14, 2020, 03:37:00 PM
What was that album cover of some oiled up dude naked with a hard-on?
He looked to be standing on some Arizona desert highway. Ridiculous... Hahaha....

Nigel Peppercock - Fresh white Reeboks kickin your ass. Google at your peril!

Quote from: John Kimble on February 14, 2020, 02:54:36 PM
On a bit of a Pantera nostalgia buzz at the moment and gave Reinventing the Steel a few spins as it was definitely my least listened to album of theirs. Prob due to the fact that I never have it that much attention, it only really dawned on me how absolutely fucking scutter the album cover is. Everything about it is utter shit. The stupid junkie looking redneck in his trunks, and the blurred out bottle of presumably whiskey in his hand. Rubbish.

Every cover they had, apart from Vulgar and FBD (not the farmer insurance crowd) was fucking terrible.

They really did have some shite album covers.  https://music.singemfrc.com/artist/pantera.htm

The RTS one the guy is actually naked in it and the shorts were overlayed.  The inlay picture back then just looked so weird and forced ..

Given all the shit going on within the band at the time.. I dunno

Rex looks like he's forcing a smile while taking a shit. 

Quote from: Kurt Cocaine on February 14, 2020, 03:37:00 PM
What was that album cover of some oiled up dude naked with a hard-on?
He looked to be standing on some Arizona desert highway. Ridiculous... Hahaha....

Nigel Pepper Cock. Back cover is even better

Stuck on Nevermore's "The Politics of Ecstasy" there, it's easily the best of their earlier albums, but the cover looks like the budget for the album was down to the last fiver and they still wanted money left over for a bag of chips.

haha, yeah it's a shocker alright but a superb album
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

The Dance of Death cover that was posted early on has not aged well at all. Looks like the cover of a Dreamcast RPG game.

Not going to post it at the risk of getting banned but Virgin Killers from Scorpions is another level of horrific. Google if you dare, and aren't on a work computer.

Wasn't Dance of Death supposed to be a rough draught and Harris was all "bang tidy mate, we'll use that"?

And it was done by Dave Patchett, the same guy that did all of Cathedral's fucking cool sleeves?

I think the Cathedral covers are cuntish too.  I hate the style.  It looks so rigid and inorganic.  Total crap.

#40 April 03, 2020, 03:17:30 PM Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 03:25:32 PM by astfgyl

Gary is responsible for a lot of very bad covers but this is right up there. The face he is making is surely the same face he made when he saw the finished product.

Of the other ones there, Reinventing The Steel is truly awful and fits the terrible music very well. Every element of that release screams out that their hearts weren't in it at all.

And here is another that belongs in every bad cover thread

Still haven't figured what the fuck is going on there. Class album though from another lad who is fond of shit album covers

Quote from: astfgyl on April 03, 2020, 03:17:30 PM

And here is another that belongs in every bad cover thread

Still haven't figured what the fuck is going on there. Class album though from another lad who is fond of shit album covers
Yeah that's always confused me. I'm an absolute Devin fanboy but the artwork has always seemed a bit of an afterthought. A few terrible ones, most are just serviceable,  but never anything brilliant. Terria is probably the best of the lot

I quite like the Ocean Machine cover (it's a machine coming out of the ocean, innit?), odd as it is. Better than the Infinity one anyway.

Agree on Terria being the best of his. Toss up between that and Ocean Machine for his best music for me as well. Although City has a special place in my heart. Love the front cover of City as well actually. The original one. Not so keen on the newer versions.

And I know it's a machine coming from the Ocean but it's done in the shittest possible way

This from Priest is just dire. Also any album with a skull and bat wings is just lazy. Primal Fear being the latests to try and pass it off.