Type O Negative with Stuck Mojo in the SFX was fun. Probably in 96/97, (stub is upstairs, can't be arsed checking). Stuck Mojo weren't my thing but the singer came out and did Kill all the White People with Type O which was cracking. Fun times.

Quote from: Scáthach on June 05, 2020, 04:35:10 PM
Type O Negative with Stuck Mojo in the SFX was fun. Probably in 96/97, (stub is upstairs, can't be arsed checking). Stuck Mojo weren't my thing but the singer came out and did Kill all the White People with Type O which was cracking. Fun times.

being young was great, apart from, as is typical, not appreciating it at the time.

#32 June 05, 2020, 04:39:02 PM Last Edit: February 28, 2024, 04:11:54 PM by Shane
 :abbath:

Quote from: Kurt Cocaine on June 05, 2020, 01:17:26 PM
Quote from: Mower Liberation Front on June 05, 2020, 10:52:44 AM
Quote from: Juggz on June 04, 2020, 11:28:37 PM

Just remembered another one. Obituary, touring COD with James Murphy, in McGonagles... only there was gear set up in stage, a load of us in the venue... but no band. For whatever reason they didn't make it.

Yeah they did make it. I remember walking down that long straight stretch of road outside Carrickmacross at 2 in the morning trying to get a lift home after that show. It was The End Complete tour where they didn't appear.
:laugh: Were you heading to Castleblayney? Cunt of a stretch, hahaha....
Did it myself one night with the singer of some band I can't remember. He was an annoying cunt and I can see why his band mates ditched him...  :laugh: :laugh:

To Blayney and beyond. Nice road to drive, horrible to walk. "Oh, there's a car coming." Few minutes later, "It's still coming, I wonder how far away it is now?"

Just remembered another one. Obituary, touring COD with James Murphy, in McGonagles... only there was gear set up in stage, a load of us in the venue... but no band. For whatever reason they didn't make it.

Yeah they did make it. I remember walking down that long straight stretch of road outside Carrickmacross at 2 in the morning trying to get a lift home after that show. It was The End Complete tour where they didn't appear.
Nah, I thought The End Complete was shite (still do) and wouldn't have bothered my hole to see them on that tour.

Quote from: Juggz on June 05, 2020, 05:04:00 PM

Nah, I thought The End Complete was shite (still do) and wouldn't have bothered my hole to see them on that tour.

It's their best album, to me at least.

It isn't (that's Cause Of Death) but it's the last properly good one until the recent self-titled album.

#37 June 05, 2020, 11:23:35 PM Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 11:25:53 PM by astfgyl
I had The End Complete on CD for years, and this might be slightly controversial but I never enjoyed it even once

Edit: Honestly thought I was in the other thread

Quote from: Carnage on June 05, 2020, 07:32:08 PM
It isn't (that's Cause Of Death) but it's the last properly good one until the recent self-titled album.

cause of death is number 4 for me. I like TEC, World Demise, and Back From The Dead almost equally, then the first 2. Back From The Dead is great , even though noone likes it.

I saw Morbid Angel in McGonagles with Unleashed I think, Pantera, Sepultura at SFX IN 92 ish. Great gigs

just blasting the end complete now, sounds killer to my ears, would have been great to hear that whip crack snare drum live back in the day!