I saw Carcass in The Tivoli in the early 90's but didn't know it until I happened to mention to my ex's sister that "I finally got to see Carcass" after their gig in The Academy in 2014.
She said; "What you on about? We saw them in 1994 in The Tivoli you mong!"  :laugh: :laugh:
I do vaguely remember having to be lifted off the steps onto the floor by a very nice security gentleman at one stage that night. I never knew what gig it was till she mentioned it.  :laugh:

Faith No More and Prong must have been a fairly special occasion

Quote from: astfgyl on June 04, 2020, 11:13:57 PM

it was religious

I shagged my (then) missus during FNM. It was the Point Depot gig though. The one that announced how to 'anal sex' properly over the PA before the gig started. Tied my leather jacket round my waist. Dropped my keks and went at her from behind.
Jaysus, those were the days...  :laugh:
Shagged her on the hill at Guns n Roses at Slane in 1992 as well. Got plenty of encouragement from the other punters too...  :laugh:

Quote from: Juggz on June 04, 2020, 10:57:10 PM
I get misty eyed at the thoughts of those days  :laugh:

My first gig was Megadeth and Sanctuary in the Olympic Ballroom but, after that, it was Top Hat and McGonagles all the way. I saw very few gigs in the SFX ,thankfully, it was a kip. If I can recall correctly and hopefully in some sort of order...

McGonagles:
Predator & Tomorrow's World
Acid Reign & Killerwatt (?)
Sabbat & Xentrix
Slammer & ...?
Gang Green & Meliah Rage
DRI & ...?
Deicide (Cancer were supposed to support but no show)
Acid Reign (again) & Amnesia
Xentrix & Moral Crusade (?)
Sacred Reich & Atrophy
Ozzy - both gigs
Xentrix (again) & Treason (?)
The Almighty & Predator (?)
Death & Loudblast
Massacre, Morgoth & Immolation (The ticket says Devastation but I saw Immolation in McGonagles and I'm leaning towards this gig. I don't recall seeing Devastation)

Top Hat:
Slayer & Nuclear Assault
Metallica & Danzig
Onslaught, Crumbsuckers & Slammer
WASP & Zed Yago
Anthrax & Predator
Faith No More & Prong
Suicidal Tendencies & MOD
Kreator & (fake) Death

SFX:
Judas Priest & Annihilator
Pantera & Gruntruck
Placebo & ?
Anthrax & ? (Stomp 442 tour)
Slayer & Fu Manchu

Tivoli:
Rage Against The Machine & Whipping Boy (though the ticket says Tool, who supported them on that tour but we got jipped)
Beastie Boys & Scary Eire
Cathedral & Hangnail

They'd all closed by the time I started regularly going to gigs in the early 00s, so many gigs from that list I wish I could've been at

Quote from: Kurt Cocaine on June 04, 2020, 11:20:08 PM
I shagged my (then) missus during FNM. It was the Point Depot gig though. The one that announced how to 'anal sex' properly over the PA before the gig started. Tied my leather jacket round my waist. Dropped my keks and went at her from behind.
Shagged her on the hill at Guns n Roses at Slane in 1992 as well. Got plenty of encouragement from the other punters too...  :laugh:

mixture of disgust amusement shock and jealousy no emoticon suffices

:laugh: It wasn't you two going at it upstairs in the Top Hat while Slayer were playing, no?

Just remembered another one. Obituary, touring COD with James Murphy, in McGonagles... only there was gear set up in stage, a load of us in the venue... but no band. For whatever reason they didn't make it.

That one started late because FNM were recording their appearance on Top of the Pops in the afternoon, which was broadcast the following day when they were in Belfast... and we were at DRI in McGonagles.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=COWpnlvc7dU

She had nothing better to do, and you were bored...?  :laugh:

Top hat and Mcgonagles   were before my time,looked like some epic gigs in those placese!,made it to the SFX a couple of times.

Quote from: Juggz on June 04, 2020, 11:28:37 PM

Just remembered another one. Obituary, touring COD with James Murphy, in McGonagles... only there was gear set up in stage, a load of us in the venue... but no band. For whatever reason they didn't make it.

Yeah they did make it. I remember walking down that long straight stretch of road outside Carrickmacross at 2 in the morning trying to get a lift home after that show. It was The End Complete tour where they didn't appear.

Quote from: Mower Liberation Front on June 05, 2020, 10:52:44 AM
Quote from: Juggz on June 04, 2020, 11:28:37 PM

Yeah they did make it. I remember walking down that long straight stretch of road outside Carrickmacross at 2 in the morning trying to get a lift home after that show. It was The End Complete tour where they didn't appear.
:laugh: Were you heading to Castleblayney? Cunt of a stretch, hahaha....
Did it myself one night with the singer of some band I can't remember. He was an annoying cunt and I can see why his band mates ditched him...  :laugh: :laugh: