A big difference with old censorship is that it wasn't geared towards consumption. The new rows over "censorship" are, and the liberal and conservative leaning press flatter pre-existing bias in the public to ensure that they get a maximum of traffic from their target demographic on every issue they decide we should care about. Politics and religion used to dictate content to the media, now the media dictate content to politics via the electorate. And yes, social media play their role in this too.

We're overcomplicating this a lot. A black lad got killed in America by a quite frankly mental cop. That was bad, very bad. Some people of African descent decided to have a peaceful march in London  to voice their discontent about it. Then a whole bunch of assholes, white and black showed up. Said assholes started wrecking the gaff, decided they hate the UK and want to lay down some pretty fuckin unreasonable demands.

The biggest problem I face as a programmer is the client being vague about what they want. There is no clear demand. We want "justice". Show me the particular injustice and a suggested course of action and that could be taken to correct it. This begins the road to forming a solution.  I don't buy this my ancestors bullshit. Should we go to the UK and fuck the place up over what happened to ours? Over things that happened for far longer and far more recently than theirs?

You're a programmer though and you're used to logic and things that are meant to make sense or at least connect. Problem is we're in the land of loony tunes right now, every second gobshite you meet thinks he's the next Malcolm X or Bobby Kennedy..mass delusion.

To quote Douglas Murray "Where are the adults?". Slap these fools like bold children. Everyone is terrified of upsetting these bratty little children. The problem is that the rest of us got afraid of the most impetuous, obnoxious, bratty and quite frankly dim people in society.

47 pages of glorious over-complication...

#696 June 10, 2020, 11:43:51 PM Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 11:45:34 PM by The Butcher
We should at least make it to 50 pages? astfgyl and mugz can yoke it out, let us appease the untouchable, billionaire demigods.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on June 10, 2020, 09:37:11 PMThe real problem with the streaming services is the real problem that was there with TV: they're full of intelligence destroying shit, designed in the most cynical manner possible, just as most TV has been since the 50s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUUwcNeecvI

Quote from: The Butcher on June 10, 2020, 11:43:51 PM
We should at least make it to 50 pages? astfgyl and mugz can yoke it out, let us appease the untouchable, billionaire demigods.

I swear I will never start a thread in general discussion again. The thread seems to have gone through everything but the original topic. Marxist theory, travellers, colonialism, feminism and a fuck ton of other shite.

Quote from: hellfire on June 10, 2020, 11:49:45 PM

I swear I will never start a thread in general discussion again. The thread seems to have gone through everything but the original topic. Marxist theory, travellers, colonialism, feminism and a fuck ton of other shite.

Well, Google have now started removing files from people's personal Google Drives. It's mostly stuff like that Plandemic thing, but other stuff has been removed too. 

Thanks Mower. I will check that out.

Quote from: hellfire on June 11, 2020, 12:09:20 AM
Thanks Mower. I will check that out.

I just realised I have that old album. it's dirty stuff

Still love it. It's the apex of black thrash for me.

Quote from: hellfire on June 11, 2020, 12:15:50 AM
Still love it. It's the apex of black thrash for me.

I found it slightly too dirty for my tastes, but I'd give it a solid 7

Yeah, I just gorged on the filth. Could never listen to Aura Noir after I got hold of that nasty bastard of an album.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on June 10, 2020, 11:33:52 PM
47 pages of glorious over-complication...

Thank yourself. All this bullshit about Marxist theory, Naom Chomsky and a whole other bunch of shite you like really assisted with that. The result of Karl Marx was communism. Go ask an Eastern European how well that worked out. Noam Chomsky is and was a professional whiner. If the cat had kittens he'd blame the USA. Intentionally misunderstanding points to divert them away from the questions asked, meandering through reams of bullshit while saying absolutely nothing and side winding through every discussion point bringing it back to some crap that you believe in is quite frankly annoying.