I'm ok thanks hun, I didn't take my yoke this morning is all

Quote from: astfgyl on June 10, 2020, 02:23:30 PM
I'm ok thanks hun, I didn't take my yoke this morning is all

u jus liv youre life hun yeh darrylls got sum yokes frm yer man from dat estate in kltipper u no dat lad

Ah tanx your a pet. I have a few left but i cant take em when im on me period they alwyz make me get 2 into playing Think Tank Top Trumps on forums

Quote from: Caomhaoin on June 10, 2020, 02:00:37 PM
Yeah but why don't you just call Marx and Engels for what they were (granted, among other things), racists?

Sticks in the craw, doesn't it?

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/13569317.2019.1548094

It may disappoint you to know that I don't have a poster of Marx in my bedroom wall, or Marx bed sheets. Marx the man could be a racist without that affecting his critique of capitalism. The same would be difficult to say if he was pro-slavery. He may have been more anti-wage slavery than anti-direct slavery, I'd have to investigate. But Marx is interesting for things unaffected by whether he was a racist or not. Malcolm X, in his early days at least, was a racist, but he still made some very pertinent analyses that can be treated on their own terms without losing all reason over his anti-white racism.

Quote from: astfgyl on June 10, 2020, 02:32:32 PM
Ah tanx your a pet. I have a few left but i cant take em when im on me period they alwyz make me get 2 into playing Think Tank Top Trumps on forums

ah dats shite 4 u hun did u here dat wan frm drndales afta loosin hur 2 angles 2 de sowshull cos der da fed dem yokes instedve der quiet pils

wat de fuk is he loike i was ragin dem yokes were deer an all

This whole thread has moved in such a way I barely know what to even reply to any more and by the time I see a point I want to make, the post is about three pages behind where I am so there's no point.  But it's been a good read lol

But revisiting the protests in the US, to keep it mildly topical - I see the protestors in Seattle have claimed about six blocks in the middle of the city as an autonomous zone, they're setting up barricades and the businesses have agreed to let it happen.  Off to find more as it's an interesting development in things.  A few details here: https://www.capitolhillseattle.com/2020/06/welcome-to-free-capitol-hill-capitol-hill-autonomous-zone-forms-around-emptied-east-precinct/ - some information and gives a few links to tweets that can otherwise be followed for more info if you feel like having a look.

Quote from: Pedrito on June 10, 2020, 02:49:55 PM
Marx was a traveller

ah hayurr shurrup yew ye tick dat mark lads sowund yer wan loraine sed dat he sed ur a cunt cos u sed u gav sum yokes 2 stevn walsh nd dey wer shite an al

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on June 10, 2020, 02:45:24 PM
Yeah but why don't you just call Marx and Engels for what they were (granted, among other things), racists?

It may disappoint you to know that I don't have a poster of Marx in my bedroom wall, or Marx bed sheets. Marx the man could be a racist without that affecting his critique of capitalism. The same would be difficult to say if he was pro-slavery. He may have been more anti-wage slavery than anti-direct slavery, I'd have to investigate. But Marx is interesting for things unaffected by whether he was a racist or not. Malcolm X, in his early days at least, was a racist, but he still made some very pertinent analyses that can be treated on their own terms without losing all reason over his anti-white racism.

Prost! A salud! I couldn't agree with you more!

I'm pointing out the double standard of tearing down Stonewall Jackson (a gifted commander who happened to fight for the Confederates) or universities renaming 'Gladstone Halls' because his FATHER owned slaves. Sin cannot be inherited! He was Britain's greatest liberal Prime Minister!

But auld Karly is off limits? I don't think any statues should be torn down (although that Leopold one in Brussels, he was a 25 carat bastard, so maybe some), but it seems like a one way street. Marxs ideas influenced people and set things in motion which led to atrocious body counts. Over 100 million. Probably worse than slavery.

I've always wondered if he or Gavrilo Princip had the power of foresight, would they have published/pulled the trigger respectively? I'd like to think that they would not have.

Quote from: Caomhaoin on June 10, 2020, 03:51:49 PM
Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on June 10, 2020, 02:45:24 PM

Prost! A salud! I couldn't agree with you more!

I'm pointing out the double standard of tearing down Stonewall Jackson (a gifted commander who happened to fight for the Confederates) or universities renaming 'Gladstone Halls' because his FATHER owned slaves. Sin cannot be inherited! He was Britain's greatest liberal Prime Minister!

But auld Karly is off limits? I don't think any statues should be torn down (although that Leopold one in Brussels, he was a 25 carat bastard, so maybe some), but it seems like a one way street. Marxs ideas influenced people and set things in motion which led to atrocious body counts. Over 100 million. Probably worse than slavery.

I've always wondered if he or Gavrilo Princip had the power of foresight, would they have published/pulled the trigger respectively? I'd like to think that they would not have.

sin is definitely inheritable

Like that original sin we all start out with. No avoiding that.

A statue of Columbus was indeed taken down today. And set on fire and thrown in a lake, in Virginia.

Quote from: astfgyl on June 10, 2020, 04:02:26 PM
Like that original sin we all start out with. No avoiding that.

well guilt is a good control mechanism

Quote from: Emphyrio on June 10, 2020, 04:14:36 PM
A statue of Columbus was indeed taken down today. And set on fire and thrown in a lake, in Virginia.
The former Manowar drummer? This is shit!

Quote from: Kurt Cocaine on June 10, 2020, 04:18:27 PM
Quote from: Emphyrio on June 10, 2020, 04:14:36 PM
The former Manowar drummer? This is shit!
And he was fucking left handed!!!