Quote from: Caomhaoin on June 10, 2020, 11:29:27 AM
It just gets worse....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/business-52978990

Which bit is the worse bit to you though? A tea brand following a trend (for whatever reason), consumers threatening to boycott a tea brand, or said tea brand replying, "Go ahead"? For the record, Yorkshire Tea is the best easily sourced tea to buy in the UK.

QuoteIt began when Laura Towler, a far-right vlogger based in Yorkshire, praised her local brand for not having voiced support for the movement.

Hahaha! What a spa. Between this and yer man on Twitter today scolding Tom Morello saying "I use to be a fan until your political opinions come out," it's a good day for idiots having shit blow up in their face.

The whole thing is pretty lame.

#589 June 10, 2020, 11:47:46 AM Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 11:59:04 AM by Caomhaoin
The worst part, which you are intelligent enough to see, but as usual pretend not to, is a tea company not wanting thought criminals to buy their product, a totally cringeworthy attempt to fawn over the cause du jour.

BLM don't have a monopoly on being anti-racist, and a case could be made for them having an anti-white agenda themselves. But that's not real racism.

Incidentally, I've just seen the map of racist statues that BLM want to tear down. What about your buddy, the racist, pro-slavery darling of the left? Should his statue be on the list? Strangely enough, it is not. Quelle surprise, copain!

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on June 10, 2020, 11:39:47 AM
QuoteIt began when Laura Towler, a far-right vlogger based in Yorkshire, praised her local brand for not having voiced support for the movement.

Hahaha! What a spa. Between this and yer man on Twitter today scolding Tom Morello saying "I use to be a fan until your political opinions come out," it's a good day for idiots having shit blow up in their face.

Ahahaha, yeah someone replied to the ex-Morello fan by saying "did you think he was raging against the washing machine?" :laugh:

(or something to that effect).

Marketing over in Yorkshire Tea saw a great chance to score an open goal there, they don't care about the cause of the day, they care about sales. Now on twitter I see a lot of dopes buying boxes of it, uploading photos with the hashtag #solidaritea. Now that's cringe. Now if only these people realised these tea brand players  don't give a damn about their workers in their own supply chains...but this thread is bloated enough as is :D

The price of RATM tickets you'd think they were arch capitalists!

Quote from: The Butcher on June 10, 2020, 11:56:13 AM
Marketing over in Yorkshire Tea saw a great chance to score an open goal there, they don't care about the cause of the day, they care about sales. Now on twitter I see a lot of dopes buying boxes of it, uploading photos with the hashtag #solidaritea. Now that's cringe. Now if only these people realised these tea brand players  don't give a damn about their workers in their own supply chains...but this thread is bloated enough as is :D

the real shame is, I don't know if you guys have tried it, but yorkshire tea, the taylor's of harrogate stuff, is great. You never think you'll beat Lyon's gold blend, and then taylor's tea comes along.

Quote from: Emphyrio on June 10, 2020, 10:52:27 AM
Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on June 10, 2020, 10:39:22 AM
Quote from: Emphyrio on June 10, 2020, 10:28:56 AM
I dunno which thread this belongs but People Before Profit want to have the monument to Christopher Columbus in Galway removed. It ties into the statue being fucked in the river in England. I'm conflicted, personally. Sure, he conducted himself fairly terribly in the New World but he made a huge contribution to the Age of Discovery. Curious to hear what ye think.

Anything you think the Daily Mail could potentially lose their shit over belongs in this thread  :abbath:

Aye, this thread has grown ridiculous legs.

u ok hun

QuoteThe worst part, which you are intelligent enough to see, but as usual pretend not to, is a tea company not wanting thought criminals to buy their product, a totally cringeworthy attempt to fawn over the cause du jour.
I'm very much anti-marketing, anti-advertising; it makes people stupid. But yer wan, like an idiot, obliged a company who hadn't said anything to take a stance. That was only ever going to go one way. I mean, c'mon.

QuoteIncidentally, I've just seen the map of racist statues that BLM want to tear down. What about your buddy, the racist, pro-slavery darling of the left? Should his statue be on the list? Strangely enough, it is not. Quelle surprise, copain!
Am I supposed to know who you're talking about??

Have to agree about the Yorkshire Tea quality by the way, it's an excellent cuppa. I get the mother to send me over Barry's every few months though, the tea available here is absolute pisswater. I've come across PG tips a few times, but it's not as nice.

Quote from: mugz on June 10, 2020, 12:14:29 PM
Quote from: Emphyrio on June 10, 2020, 10:52:27 AM
Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on June 10, 2020, 10:39:22 AM
Quote from: Emphyrio on June 10, 2020, 10:28:56 AM
I dunno which thread this belongs but People Before Profit want to have the monument to Christopher Columbus in Galway removed. It ties into the statue being fucked in the river in England. I'm conflicted, personally. Sure, he conducted himself fairly terribly in the New World but he made a huge contribution to the Age of Discovery. Curious to hear what ye think.

Anything you think the Daily Mail could potentially lose their shit over belongs in this thread  :abbath:

Aye, this thread has grown ridiculous legs.

u ok hun

I am luv. Penneys tomorrow?

#598 June 10, 2020, 12:28:25 PM Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 12:30:41 PM by Caomhaoin
I'll give you a clue, Eric Hobsbawm and Fidel Castro were probably swayed by his arguments...

Big beard, couldn't look after himself? Father of a certain philosophy that Ash Sarkar and Owen Jones subscribe to enthusiastically.

And the reaction could have been 'we disavow this persons comment, we're apolitical and we don't approve of racism in any way'

But no 'you are a thought criminal if you don't support BLM'