men and women have been emotionally and physically abusive to each other in the context of heterosexual relationships for eternity. who really cares anymore, just another aspect of life that doesn't work properly, more hassle

we're all cunts

people don't really like anyone, or themselves, or being alive, the rest is just details; some replication urges, financial stress, people living too long, all the usual shit.

shriek shriek thump, thump thump shriek  :-\

Quote from: Giggles on June 10, 2020, 12:56:37 AM
.... is that you Stenchy?

nope

still amused by apparently serious discussions about 2nd vs 3rd wave feminism; are not all long enough out of 4th year to be past all this?

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on June 10, 2020, 12:42:44 AM
Quote from: hellfire on June 10, 2020, 12:32:15 AM
If you had pissed her off before you left? I'm sure she at least had to show signs of being a dickhead before you left. Again, imagine she could have called the cops and regardless of if you had done something or not tis off to the cells for the night.

I think the problem is that there's all too much imagining going on, meanwhile dozens of women are killed by their partners, and very often ex-partners, in Spain every year. Imagine that!

My point was about due process. The ability to send an innocent party to sleep with the drunks and lunatics in the cells. A person shouldn't have any right to do that. If the police don't believe that anything happened they shouldn't be obliged to make an arrest. Imagine if I had the right to send you to jail every time you intentionally misread one of my posts? You'd do more time than Charles Manson!

Quote from: hellfire on June 10, 2020, 01:07:04 AM
Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on June 10, 2020, 12:42:44 AM
Quote from: hellfire on June 10, 2020, 12:32:15 AM
If you had pissed her off before you left? I'm sure she at least had to show signs of being a dickhead before you left. Again, imagine she could have called the cops and regardless of if you had done something or not tis off to the cells for the night.

I think the problem is that there's all too much imagining going on, meanwhile dozens of women are killed by their partners, and very often ex-partners, in Spain every year. Imagine that!

My point was about due process. The ability to send an innocent party to sleep with the drunks and lunatics in the cells. A person shouldn't have any right to do that. If the police don't believe that anything happened they shouldn't be obliged to make an arrest. Imagine if I had the right to send you to jail every time you intentionally misread one of my posts? You'd do more time than Charles Manson!

anyone can destroy anyone with a word a thought or a deed.

we're all vulnerably dependent on people acting rationally

Have you been at astfgyl's yokes?

Quote from: hellfire on June 10, 2020, 01:11:09 AM
Have you been at astfgyl's yokes?

I'm on your side as far as it goes, but we're all pushing 40, so it's like who really cares anymore. Recycling race and gender controversies from the 70s, it's not the 70s.

I was referring to the more zany brand of feminism currently on the go. Twas others who dragged up everything pre-2010. I asked if you were on the yokes because you sound way more nihilistic than usual.

Quote from: hellfire on June 10, 2020, 01:16:33 AM
I was referring to the more zany brand of feminism currently on the go. Twas others who dragged up everything pre-2010. I asked if you were on the yokes because you sound way more nihilistic than usual.

Yah but ALL feminism is zany, the whole human condition itself is completely fucked. we're unavoidably heading to a point where people our age will have nothing to say on what being human even is anymore, let alone what can be said about the issues of the day.

On the other hand, I would be on your side on most things you post, but none of it matters. Look, we all need the interaction but the level and topics of debate are too hackneyed for 2020.

Apologies for the nihilism... it's not a good buzz, so I do genuinely apologise for those vibes. We can have good debates about how things are changing for the younger generations, what the new terms of reality are, or we can lend our historical perspective to today's real issues, but we can't have reflexive arguments about topics which fall between those 2 chairs.

A forum meetup with the biggest bag of yokes anyone has ever seen might solve a lot.

Quote from: hellfire on June 10, 2020, 01:30:40 AM
A forum meetup with the biggest bag of yokes anyone has ever seen might solve a lot.

I've often thought it should be about making a scene, a healthy scene, but tbh we're all too old for Fibbers/Valhalla/ whatever dive is the current metal dive. Instead of pills and booze it needs more like a group meal or indoor football maybe; I'm half serious

I haven't taken a yoke since I was 19. We're all in different Towns and countries. A game of five aside would be tough to organise.

Quote from: hellfire on June 10, 2020, 01:07:04 AM

The missus is Spanish, I'll ask her about this law maƱana. I wouldn't trust anything Vox says on any subject without being able to get a proper look at the facts. They make France's FN and UKIP look like liberals, much closer to the BNP in terms of "couldn't give a fuck about anything except flag waving and posturing" horseshit and systematically twist reality to fit their nightmare of a Spain that just isn't close enough to Franco's for their liking.

Zoom five aside, pills optional.