Quote from: Caomhaoin on June 09, 2020, 10:55:24 PM
I'd love to drag the auld third wave feminism into this, something I'm less ad-lib about, but I've a notion we'll both be 'cancelled' by popular demand if I strike that match.

Cancelled? Why? I don't know a single woman who doesn't think it's a load of shite.

Check out the gender violence laws here in Spain. Terrifying.

If a woman SAYS that a man has abused her in any way, doesn't have to be a slap, the man is guaranteed a court appearance, and often a night in the cells, no evidence required.

This does not apply to homosexual couples of either variety or if a man reports abuse from a female spouse. In fact, the offence is categorised in a different way.

It's open to all kinds of abuse. Vox, the right wing Spanish political party suggested the law be applied to both sexes and were screeched down by the powerful feminist lobby here.

It will head like that here too. Only a matter of time. It's not like women would ever do something petty or vindictive. Do Spanish men just hide in the cupboard whenever the wife is grumpy?

Quote from: Caomhaoin on June 09, 2020, 11:22:26 PM
Vox, the right wing Spanish political party suggested the law be applied to both sexes and were screeched down by the powerful feminist lobby here.

Which would worry you more if you had a daughter, the example you gave earlier of a transsexual being able to take a shit in the cubicle beside her (which Vox would rather die than allow happen), or to have her taken by five louts in revolting circumstances but not be charged with rape (which is what Vox wanted)? Spain isn't as bad as France, not even close, but violence against women in Spain is a problem. 55 female partners killed last year (though, 137 in France). Vox were just stirring the shit with that recommendation. Their attempted defense and call for leniency of La Manada was gutter-worthy, all the more so with the same group's prior crime coming to light.

Quote from: hellfire on June 09, 2020, 11:40:46 PM
It will head like that here too. Only a matter of time. It's not like women would ever do something petty or vindictive. Do Spanish men just hide in the cupboard whenever the wife is grumpy?

usually banging the female tourists or else drinking red wine down the tavern, hanging out, pitta bread, peppers, ham slices, play some dominoes, maybe watch sports on the tv.

It's normally the loudest and brattiest women who demand these ridiculous laws. Most  women I know would find that ridiculous. The whole third wave feminism lost touch with the people they purport to represent about 10 billion tweets ago.

Y'know, by the way the two of you are talking, it's no surprise that it took so long for rape within marriage to be admitted as a reality and a crime. Presumably it was screeching "third wave feminists" who brought that change about too.

Third wave feminism is an entirely separate animal and well you know it. You intentionally misunderstood the point. The rape within marriage act was thirty years ago and a perfectly valid point. We're referring to the "is office heating set too low and is that sexist" type feminism. What Kev is describing is any woman having the right to send a man to lockup regardless of having done anything or not. 

Need to change the title of this thread to Feminazi Cuck Libtards vs White Male Supremacists  :abbath:

With a small amount of editing, I think we could get this whole thread published: it's got it all! Although, no medium on the left or the right would ever publish such a range of views  :laugh:

You're the one who derailed it. White male supremacists  :laugh:. Could you try to address the point I just made? I could have  guessed that due process wouldn't be your thing. I'm assuming that you're old enough that you have at some point really pissed off a woman. I'm sure you've also had ex's who weren't all that reasonable. Now imagine a scenario where she could have you sleeping in the cells.

Quote from: hellfire on June 10, 2020, 12:24:40 AM
You're the one who derailed it. White male supremacists  :laugh:. Could you try to address the point I just made? I could have  guessed that due process wouldn't be your thing. I'm assuming that you're old enough that you have at some point really pissed off a woman. I'm sure you've also had ex's who weren't all that reasonable. Now imagine a scenario where she could have you sleeping in the cells.

I have one ex who is the most unreasonable person I've ever met in my life. Eventually, I left her. Boom. Problem solved. If I'd thought she could put me in the cells for a night out of spite, maybe I'd have left her quicker and been better off for it!

If you had pissed her off before you left? I'm sure she at least had to show signs of being a dickhead before you left. Again, imagine she could have called the cops and regardless of if you had done something or not tis off to the cells for the night.

Quote from: hellfire on June 10, 2020, 12:32:15 AM
If you had pissed her off before you left? I'm sure she at least had to show signs of being a dickhead before you left. Again, imagine she could have called the cops and regardless of if you had done something or not tis off to the cells for the night.

I think the problem is that there's all too much imagining going on, meanwhile dozens of women are killed by their partners, and very often ex-partners, in Spain every year. Imagine that!