Quote from: ochoill on June 02, 2020, 08:48:28 PM
if you are to only protest in the manner your oppressor will allow, what good is it?

the looting ... is being kept in your focus to distract from the protest itself and to justify the police reaction there, which I sure ye have all seen in detail if you follow any social media.

There have been plenty of attempts at peaceful protest throughout the years that were also met with derision, and had zero effect.  This was bound to happen on this scale eventually.

That's the whole thing in a pretty neat nutshell alright.

Did you bang your head this morning? Whether Trevor Noah is an idiot or a genius, what difference does it make what he thinks when you have the opinion of the individual involved? I'm so sorry that your newest little right-wing twist farted out like a balloon, but hey, that's life! Learn how to follow up a story and you won't be left looking like someone whose only interest is to try to small-mindedly undermine things he has no interest in gaining a deeper understanding of.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on June 02, 2020, 09:14:15 PM
if you are to only protest in the manner your oppressor will allow, what good is it?

the looting ... is being kept in your focus to distract from the protest itself and to justify the police reaction there, which I sure ye have all seen in detail if you follow any social media.

There have been plenty of attempts at peaceful protest throughout the years that were also met with derision, and had zero effect.  This was bound to happen on this scale eventually.

That makes all the beatings and burnings and arson and robbery alright then. Great that's that sorted. Maybe we can teach that to all young kids at school now.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on June 02, 2020, 09:31:09 PM
Did you bang your head this morning? Whether Trevor Noah is an idiot or a genius, what difference does it make what he thinks when you have the opinion of the individual involved? I'm so sorry that your newest little right-wing twist farted out like a balloon, but hey, that's life! Learn how to follow up a story and you won't be left looking like someone whose only interest is to try to small-mindedly undermine things he has no interest in gaining a deeper understanding of.

:laugh: :laugh:

At least you made a half decent attempt at being funnier than Trev. Enjoy the thread soon you will be the only one posting in it.

Trevor Noah, like John Oliver, is one of the cringiest lads on TV, painfully unfunny. Fair play though, he's put that across quite well.

I don't agree though. The thing I....nah, I'll leave it.

:laugh:

Step away from the phone...

Quote from: Pedrito on June 02, 2020, 09:34:12 PM
That makes all the beatings and burnings and arson and robbery alright then. Great that's that sorted. Maybe we can teach that to all young kids at school now.

In schools in the US and Britain and France and Spain, they already teach kids that. It's called history. Of course, if they taught it in such explicit terms, reflecting the real history, there probably wouldn't be anything to discuss right now  ;)

Any sign of Robb Flynn in all of this?

So those big tech companies then...

Quote from: Caomhaoin on June 02, 2020, 09:42:37 PM
Trevor Noah, like John Oliver, is one of the cringiest lads on TV, painfully unfunny. Fair play though, he's put that across quite well.

I don't agree though. The thing I....nah, I'll leave it.

:laugh:
I'm not a fan myself. I posted his point of view as a de facto and well-respected spokesperson of the black community in America (which is what he is, regardless of when he arrived). In fact, I saw the video because a black friend from London shared it. Although he's French-Austrian. Fucking immigrants everywhere!

Quote from: Pedrito on June 02, 2020, 09:34:12 PM
Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on June 02, 2020, 09:14:15 PM

I never said it was good, or bad.  I said it was inevitable.

Quote from: Trev on June 02, 2020, 09:52:40 PM
You wouldn't have seen the likes of this on Bebo anyway

Also the looting is being amplified a lot by American media, not saying it's not happening because is certainly is but it is being kept in your focus to distract from the protest itself and to justify the police reaction there,

And that, for me, is the sad crux of the situation.

Quote from: ochoill on June 02, 2020, 10:15:31 PM
Quote from: Trev on June 02, 2020, 09:52:40 PM
You wouldn't have seen the likes of this on Bebo anyway
[/quote

bebo was great for 5 minutes in 2006