Cynically speaking, I'm guessing Carolina and Florida are strategically considered red states whereas there are strong Arab votes in swing states they may think will react positively to throwing a bandaid at an axe-wound inflicted by the psycho they gave the axe to. Also, unlike social media addict Trump, it's unlikely Harris composed this tweet herself.

Whether she composed it or not, her name is on it, she'll have to eat the repercussions. Absolute foolishness.

Neither she nor Trump will desist with the current, repulsive genocide enabling. But to rub suffering Americans faces in it with faux concern over Lebanese people whose suffering that US policy is directly responsible for is astonishing at this stage of the day.

Visit her profile and you'll see she posted about Carolina many times before and after the Lebanon tweet and about Florida several times since. Surely it's the MAGA who are taking that one Lebanon tweet and rubbing suffering Americans faces in it for equally cynical reasons as the DNC trying to placate Arab swing state voters. No?

I'm not getting into which side is worse, it's cuntology and I honestly couldn't care less anymore who wins.

On its own merits, it's a cretinous thing to tweet for a person in her position.

But it's one tweet on one "offending" subject in the midst of literally a host of tweets about the subjects MAGA are using that one tweet to pretend the DNC don't care about. Concretely speaking, behind the optics MAGA are creating out of it, concretely, empirically, that's what's happening. It's a cretinous thing to post because they're arming Israel, not because it's rubbing the faces of victims of climate change (!) in something. That's political manipulation. Of the kind DNC and MAGA are capable.

If anything, election campaign-wise, It can be taken as a well-played by MAGA. Though to see it that way you have to accept that it is quite literally them doing the face rubbing with it, albeit strategically.

I agree about the Israeli aspect of it entirely, I'd just finished reading about the latest outrageous IDF behaviour and I was sent thon.

Sickening.

"Ex-Trump administration advisor said Israel should 'drop napalm' over Irish peacekeepers in Lebanon"

https://www.thejournal.ie/republican-adviser-says-israel-should-drop-napalm-over-irish-peacekeepers-in-lebanon-6509640-Oct2024/

Good to see someone so cool-headed in an advisory role.

A lot of folks are very disappointed to see that the hurricane in florida turned out to be a damp squib because it would have proved that climate change is a killer in the extreme.

State of that

Is anyone of any consequence "very disappointed" or are you talking about randomers? Thankfully it did weaken before landfall and led (due also to both the prior evacuation of thousands and ongoing rescue operations) to "only" 10 deaths so far, as opposed to the more than two hundred from Helene less than two weeks ago. 

My favourite is how it was definitely caused by humans and definitely not caused by humans at the same time for both extremes. No, it was weather

So no one of any consequence then.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on October 11, 2024, 05:44:34 PMEarly onset/advancing dementia?
https://x.com/Acyn/status/1844444488187478017

Do slackjaws look at that and say, this guy is so smart I don't even understand him.   :laugh:

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on October 11, 2024, 08:22:47 AMSo no one of any consequence then.

So you think it was people of consequence that were crying terror from the skies, all thinking it was some kind of Don't Look Up scenario? Like the lads with your narrative are important? Seriously