Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on September 11, 2024, 12:59:29 PMSo, some Don highlights from the debate?
https://x.com/PopCrave/status/1833684388803997809
https://x.com/abughazalehkat/status/1833681099958174124

Even fox commentators are saying he lost the debate. All he had to do was stay on policy but the clem can't even do that.

Leave him at it. It's for the greater good.

Well if that debate doesn't lead straight to digital ID then I dunno what will...

Anyway, I never watch these debate but I read Harris did well and the lad less so. I've predicted for ages that he'd lose and I see nothing to change that since I've said it. It should have been a dead cert for him but he just couldn't capitalise on the fact that the Democrats were on their knees a couple of months ago. He can have no complaints because he has shat the togs big time at the smell of blood. He couldn't even gain any momentum by getting his ear pierced, such was his impotence. His vp pick was silly and the Kennedy boost too little too late as well.

Here's another thought...

So: Trump is so reviled that the US voters would actually vote in Joe Biden and now about to do the same with Harris to keep him out.

How absolutely fucking hated must Hilary Clinton have been to lose out to trump in 2016??

Fair fuckin hated, obviously

You read Harris did well and Trump "less so"? He claimed immigrants are eating people's pets. He claimed they're giving transgender operations to prisoners. And he claimed abortions are being carried out after birth. That's not "less so," that's pitching your campaign at the readership of the Weekly World News, which is what MAGA has become and why MAGA appears to be losing support.

Quote from: astfgyl on September 11, 2024, 09:54:04 PMWell if that debate doesn't lead straight to digital ID then I dunno what will...

Anyway, I never watch these debate but I read Harris did well and the lad less so. I've predicted for ages that he'd lose and I see nothing to change that since I've said it. It should have been a dead cert for him but he just couldn't capitalise on the fact that the Democrats were on their knees a couple of months ago. He can have no complaints because he has shat the togs big time at the smell of blood. He couldn't even gain any momentum by getting his ear pierced, such was his impotence. His vp pick was silly and the Kennedy boost too little too late as well.

So: Trump is so reviled that the US voters would actually vote in Joe Biden and now about to do the same with Harris to keep him out.

How absolutely fucking hated must Hilary Clinton have been to lose out to trump in 2016??

Clinton got a few more million votes than Trump but your ould electoral college system got him in. She wasn't liked though. Her big vote was she's not as bad as that guy vote. Don't get me started on the electoral college system. Bonkers.

Quote from: Thorn on August 24, 2024, 03:39:21 AM
Quote from: astfgyl on August 21, 2024, 07:51:21 PM
Quote from: Bürggermeister on August 21, 2024, 07:32:04 PMThey've still got "Creepy fucker" up their sleeve too. Game on.

Ah please god they'll draw that out as well. I'm actually going to put a few bob on Harris winning because I just don't think the republicans will be able to counter it with anything meaningful for the middle ground. I think either candidate winning would be a fairly fatal blow to common sense BTW, but still as a casual observer it's a fun watch
Quote from: astfgyl link=msg=104953 date=172426

/quote]

I have a score on with the missus that she beats him mainly because I think his shoot from the hip style will catch him out yet and he'll be drawn into saying something REALLY suicidal to his cause, maybe even in the live debate where she has a clear advantage over him. It could be a race thing or a gender remark but somewhere along the line he's gonna put his big foot in it.

Well,.that was easy 
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Immigrants eating people's pets was actually a brilliant line . It has swayed me back towards him. If they are doing that fucked up shit then America needs a strong leader who takes no shit.

#3578 September 12, 2024, 01:38:16 AM Last Edit: September 12, 2024, 04:40:09 PM by Mooncat
Quote from: Ollkiller on September 12, 2024, 12:15:15 AM
Quote from: astfgyl on September 11, 2024, 09:54:04 PMWell if that debate doesn't lead straight to digital ID then I dunno what will...

Clinton got a few more million votes than Trump but your ould electoral college system got him in. She wasn't liked though. Her big vote was she's not as bad as that guy vote. Don't get me started on the electoral college system. Bonkers.

Also not forgetting the fact that Trump wasn't half as hated then when he was still somewhat of an unknown quantity as he is now. He had the benefit of not being a politician at the time so that enough people who were sick of politicians were willing to give him a go despite him appearing somewhat of a clown, before he spent the next load of years removing all doubt.

#3579 September 12, 2024, 09:41:24 AM Last Edit: September 12, 2024, 11:05:14 AM by astfgyl
Quote from: Eoin McLove on September 12, 2024, 12:36:17 AMImmigrants eating people's pets was actually a brilliant line . It has swayed me back towards him. If they are doing that fucked up shit then America needs a strong leader who takes no shit.

The funny part is that he's not lying about that. There's a police report video. As to the extent of the problem he might have exaggerated but the video exists all the same.

RTE went straight into fact checking it as not true all the same, in their usual unbiased way.

I wonder just how much did that subliminally etch itself into the brains of your average American though?

"You hear that pops, get the guns - them Democrats is bringing in Haitian zombies to eat all our cats"

NSFW

https://x.com/Eire1984/status/1833830277610627298?t=WJP9QxntPadGinxACv1nTQ&s=09

There's a video of a lad with a cat that may or may not have anything to do with it but it's a video of a lad and a cat at least

QuoteSome social media posts present bodycam footage of a woman's arrest in Canton, Ohio, for killing and eating a cat to support the online narratives but Canton police spokesperson Dennis Garren said in an email: "The suspect in this case is not a Haitian immigrant," "She is a life long Canton resident."
The graphic video, viewable on YouTube, shows the Aug. 16 arrest of Allexis Telia Ferrell, who allegedly killed and ate a cat in Canton. Stark County Commons Pleas Court records for Ferrell show she was charged with cruelty to companion animals.

https://www.reuters.com/fact-check/no-evidence-haitian-immigrants-stealing-eating-pets-ohio-2024-09-10/

So, yeah, it's a lie: it's a lie it's happening in Springfield. It's a lie it's immigrants. It's a lie it's any kind of phenomenon that impacts US citizens and merits mentioning in a presidential debate. It's tabloid fodder. Freddie Starr ate Trump's hamster.

The mayor or the governor of Springfield said it was bullshit. And if there was 1 case Trump has taken 1 isolated case and done his normal race baiting bullshit.

Also u should put a NSFW tag before that video.

#3582 September 12, 2024, 10:21:47 AM Last Edit: September 12, 2024, 10:23:53 AM by astfgyl
Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on September 12, 2024, 10:02:34 AM
QuoteSome social media posts present bodycam footage of a woman's arrest in Canton, Ohio, for killing and eating a cat to support the online narratives but Canton police spokesperson Dennis Garren said in an email: "The suspect in this case is not a Haitian immigrant," "She is a life long Canton resident."
The graphic video, viewable on YouTube, shows the Aug. 16 arrest of Allexis Telia Ferrell, who allegedly killed and ate a cat in Canton. Stark County Commons Pleas Court records for Ferrell show she was charged with cruelty to companion animals.

https://www.reuters.com/fact-check/no-evidence-haitian-immigrants-stealing-eating-pets-ohio-2024-09-10/

So, yeah, it's a lie: it's a lie it's happening in Springfield. It's a lie it's immigrants. It's a lie it's any kind of phenomenon that impacts US citizens and merits mentioning in a presidential debate. It's tabloid fodder. Freddie Starr ate Trump's hamster.

Is there a video of cops in Springfield ohio arresting a Haitian immigrant for eating the neighbours cat or isn't there? No. Fair enough it's Canton, ohio and not an immigrant so that's rather inconvenient and should leave trump rather orange faced at catching himself out like that

Anyway here's something funny and related. Exactly the type of mind I was trying to tap into, thinking it would play out well in the sticks:

https://x.com/bennyjohnson/status/1833865787385225318?t=CB9gtBDoHdhxgbWDrYr53w&s=09

Same all over: right wing politicians who couldn't give a flying fuck about, notably, the kind of dire social conditions the people seen in that video are living in playing up tabloid shite rather than actually addressing any of the underlying issues that have those people living in those conditions. I only watched two minutes, but every resident I saw in that time looked like they could surely do with medicaid. For starters.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on September 12, 2024, 12:36:17 AMImmigrants eating people's pets was actually a brilliant line . It has swayed me back towards him. If they are doing that fucked up shit then America needs a strong leader who takes no shit.

Was thinking the same myself. And even if there isn't any strong evidence to support the claim, conversely there's no evidence being offered that immigrants AREN'T eating pets, and in that case I'd be inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt.