https://youtu.be/yZsMBVU9TwM

Rome have turned woeful and the bould Nemty joins in with his new toe curling style on this collaboration track.

Bring back the raw honesty of Autumn's Ablaze.

#61 May 29, 2020, 10:11:00 PM Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 10:42:21 PM by Eoin McLove
Dunno what you mean, really. Sounds to me like Alan doing his thing. Not the most exciting song in the world perhaps, Rome are a bit samey to say the least but that is a grand little song.

Is it not fairly obvious what I mean? I find the overly effected crooning style of latter day AA pretty cringey to listen to. Much preferring the less polished, less skilled, less thought out but very distinct and heartfelt style of JE/STEA.

And Rome are gone to shit too.

I thought he reined it in there, actually.  Especially compared with some of the high pitched wailing he does these days which sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.  Sure look it.

Not a band I've ever listened to before, so I wouldn't know if it's a band gone stale. Sounded alright to me. They worth checking out?

I don't own any of their albums so maybe I'm not qualified to make this kind of a claim, but when has that stopped me before. From my YouTube travels I find their style to be quite samey, right down to almost identical melodies being repeated in better or worse iterations across their ouevre. This is the absolute pinnacle of anything of theirs I have heard and I think it's a really quite beautiful and emotional piece. Great video, too. *

https://youtu.be/FpPEwyvwvYc

*perfect opportunity to link a vid of a man getting fisted or shat on. Next time, I promise.

Quite a similar buzz to The National there.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on May 30, 2020, 11:37:36 AM
I don't own any of their albums so maybe I'm not qualified to make this kind of a claim, but when has that stopped me before. From my YouTube travels I find their style to be quite samey, right down to almost identical melodies being repeated in better or worse iterations across their ouevre. This is the absolute pinnacle of anything of theirs I have heard and I think it's a really quite beautiful and emotional piece. Great video, too. *

https://youtu.be/FpPEwyvwvYc

*perfect opportunity to link a vid of a man getting fisted or shat on. Next time, I promise.

The parish priest look seems to be making a comeback this year.

#68 June 03, 2020, 01:21:36 AM Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 06:42:58 PM by mugz

I've never been a big fan of their music but I saw them live supporting Opeth in 2003 and they were fantastic to watch. I've had a few conversations with Alan in Bruxelles over the years too. He's a nice guy.

#70 June 04, 2020, 10:57:54 PM Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 06:45:19 PM by mugz

Quote from: mugz on June 04, 2020, 10:57:54 PM
Quote from: RangerX on June 04, 2020, 10:55:02 PM
was that at whelans? I thought madder mortem supported?

No it was at Vicar Street. I remember it well because I saw Metallica for the first time the next night. That was a great weekend.

Primordial/Opeth was 06 on a Monday. Down played that week as did Sick of it All along with the Download weekend with GnR, Alice In Chains and Metallica.

Quote from: open face surgery on June 07, 2020, 06:46:25 PM
Primordial/Opeth was 06 on a Monday. Down played that week as did Sick of it All along with the Download weekend with GnR, Alice In Chains and Metallica.
Tool played the Saturday before Opeth iirc