QuoteThe album does suffer from being slightly inconsistent and certainly has its weak points, but overall it's definitely a solid Primordial album

I wish the review ended after the first sentence. Way to say nothing and offer no definitive stance on the record in any shape or form.

There's a review up on the Metallurgy YouTube channel the last week or so. Its less than glowing.

Angrymetalguy aren't heaping on the praise either.
The All Against All track is getting a kicking from all sides.

Seething tells me I'm going to like that song.

Nothing like a good seethe to get the aul thoughts straight!  :laugh:

Quote from: Eoin McLove on September 28, 2023, 12:35:45 AMSeething tells me I'm going to like that song.

Despite telling myself I wouldn't read anymore reviews I did.
Quite a few of have said the album is brilliant and that track in particular is a bold highlight.
I'm looking forward to hearing this song that's causing such controversy within the metal muso beard strokers.

Yeah me too. It'll surely be a surprise if nothing else.

Quote from: Circlepit on September 27, 2023, 04:55:20 PMAngrymetalguy aren't heaping on the praise either.
"that features a lengthy section where Namtheanga seems to be imitating a didgeridoo with his wordless vocals"

I'm definitely intrigued now.

He did what I could only describe as an attempt at Mongolian throat singing at the end of a song (not a new one, just can't remember which) in Drogheda the other week.

Quote from: Pentagrimes on September 28, 2023, 10:19:48 AM
Quote from: Circlepit on September 27, 2023, 04:55:20 PMAngrymetalguy aren't heaping on the praise either.
"that features a lengthy section where Namtheanga seems to be imitating a didgeridoo with his wordless vocals"

I mean, I suppose you could translate imrama as walkabout..?  :laugh:

#386 September 28, 2023, 10:30:03 AM Last Edit: September 28, 2023, 10:34:40 AM by Circlepit
Quote from: Pentagrimes on September 28, 2023, 10:19:48 AM

I'm definitely intrigued now.

In my mind I'm hearing Barney Greenway singing the Smear Campaign title track over Primordial.
Somebody couldn't resist making a Vietnamcore pun in the comment section as the article keeps referring to him as Namtheanga.

Namtheanga  :laugh: that's from growing up on the wrong side of the tracks... in Sutton!  :laugh:

The albums out there now for download if you are so inclined (I've ordered it but hasn't came yet.) I finished up work early, got home; made meself a fancy girly Baileys frappe type thing and rolled a couple of joints. Have the house to meself so I have it on blast now. Gonna reflect on my misery and the state of the world now while I take this album in. Been looking forward to this one!  8)