Also Le grand guignol. One album and it's also very good if you like theatrical symphonic Black metal.

You'd possibly have quite a few if so many bands hadn't gotten back together in the 2000s.

Imagine if your band's only album was Focus. Fuck sake.

Always enjoyed Nordavind by Storm, there's something about that over the top singing style Fenriz uses on this and the Isengard stuff that I really enjoy

#18 May 02, 2020, 12:49:08 AM Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 12:59:49 AM by leatherface
Aspid: Extravasation (1992?)

90s Russian thrash, had this on the shelf and had totally forgotten about it.  One of the better oldschool thrash albums that never gets much attention.

#19 May 02, 2020, 02:43:56 AM Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 02:46:13 AM by nukeabuse
Quote from: leatherface on May 01, 2020, 09:16:06 PM
Timeghoul maybe count here too.

If they'd ever managed to release an album I'm sure it'd appear on most best of lists

Quote from: Eoin McLove on May 01, 2020, 09:10:21 PM
My irony needs more iron.

It can be difficult to get across in printed form.

Have heard rumblings of a new Thorns album going back a bit. If they do, I hope it's a good one as they have a flawless discography

I love the Team Sleep album while we're at it but does it being a side project exclude it somewhat. That, and the fact that it isn't metal either now I think of it

Lykathea Aflame. Elvenefris is my favourite death metal album.

Triumphator - Wings of Antichrist.

Quote from: Wiseblood on May 01, 2020, 10:46:34 PM
Disincarnate - Dreams of the Carrion Kind  :abbath:

Also not metal but Temple of the Dog and Mad Season (I know they're side projects) are both very worthy mentions.

One of my all time fave death metal albums.

The other two are fantastic too.

Salty Dog..Every dog has its day..

Quote from: Carnage on May 01, 2020, 09:18:51 PM
In line with the OP, Mushroom, Aongus MacAnally's psychedelic rock band from the '70s. I have the gatefold here, it's a mighty album.

The fella from The Lyrics Board? haha. Deadly. Any links?

#26 May 02, 2020, 02:18:33 PM Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 12:10:19 PM by Carnage
Quote from: open face surgery on May 02, 2020, 01:29:25 PM
Quote from: Carnage on May 01, 2020, 09:18:51 PM
In line with the OP, Mushroom, Aongus MacAnally's psychedelic rock band from the '70s. I have the gatefold here, it's a mighty album.

The fella from The Lyrics Board? haha. Deadly. Any links?

Showing your age there, to me he's the fella from Anything Goes (not to mention Ray MacAnally's son).

https://youtu.be/2bdGrmxg-ho

Vinterland-Welcome my Last Chapter. Honourable mention for the Moaning's Blood from Stone.

One of the heaviest death metal albums ever.

Infester - To The Depths, In Degradation

Quite a few:

Revenant
Kvist
Impact
Silence
Asphyxia
Iceland
Crystal Age
Jumpin' Jesus
Acridity
Excidium