What are your favourite one album only bands? not metal but I wanted to start this off on an Irish note as I discovered this Irish psychedelic band from the sixties who just released one album. Eire Apparent 'Sunrise' (1969), they were friendly with Jimi Hendrix apparently.

Demilich would be up there for sure.

Machine Head.  We can only wonder as to what heights of creativity and integrity they might have reached if the entire band,  their families,  friends and anyone who ever knew them weren't all suddenly wiped out in an inexplicable freak tsunami in Kansas directly after the recording of 'Burn My Ears'.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on May 01, 2020, 08:31:25 PM
Machine Head.  We can only wonder as to what heights of creativity and integrity they might have reached if the entire band,  their families,  friends and anyone who ever knew them weren't all suddenly wiped out in an inexplicable freak tsunami in Kansas directly after the recording of 'Burn My Ears'.

I never liked Machine Head, always thought 'Davidian' was good but that's about it. Have never listened to anything else by them since then.  No interest but whatever. I have listened to Vio-lence albums more.

Back on topic, thought the Crowd Control LP (2012?) was great at the time. One off hits.

Nu Metal is what happened to Machine Head. Robert Flynn is also what happened to Machine Head. Burn My Eyes is grand but I could go the rest of my life without hearing it again and not miss it at all.

Is this thread for bands with only 1 good album or only 1 album in total?

The only 1 album band I can think of off the top of my head for this is Thorns and that is disregarding the split with Emperor which is excellent but I suppose not strictly a full album. I would love to hear another album from Thorns though

My irony needs more iron.

Quote from: astfgyl on May 01, 2020, 08:57:37 PM
Nu Metal is what happened to Machine Head. Robert Flynn is also what happened to Machine Head. Burn My Eyes is grand but I could go the rest of my life without hearing it again and not miss it at all.

Is this thread for bands with only 1 good album or only 1 album in total?

The only 1 album band I can think of off the top of my head for this is Thorns and that is disregarding the split with Emperor which is excellent but I suppose not strictly a full album. I would love to hear another album from Thorns though

One album in total by one band, if anyone can mention any  :laugh:

Thorns apparently have a new album coming.

Timeghoul maybe count here too.

Heaven & Hell - The Devil You Know, although it's technically Sabbath. Certainly would have been a much better album to go out on than the painfully mediocre 13

In line with the OP, Mushroom, Aongus MacAnally's psychedelic rock band from the '70s. I have the gatefold here, it's a mighty album.

Slightly (just slightly) different style, but Winter are always an obvious one for this type of thread.

How's about Scald with "Will of Gods is a Great Power".

Infernal gates released only one album and if you are into good 90s melodic death metal I'd advise checking it out.

#14 May 01, 2020, 10:46:34 PM Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 10:54:56 PM by Wiseblood
Disincarnate - Dreams of the Carrion Kind  :abbath:

Also not metal but Temple of the Dog and Mad Season (I know they're side projects) are both very worthy mentions.