Years ago I saw a band called Vesania which was apparently a side-project of someone from Behemoth. They were on tour with Cryptopsy and killed it. Bought the record and a t-shirt then never heard anything about them ever again.

Quote from: kiehozero on May 05, 2020, 01:42:36 PM
Years ago I saw a band called Vesania which was apparently a side-project of someone from Behemoth. They were on tour with Cryptopsy and killed it. Bought the record and a t-shirt then never heard anything about them ever again.

they have at least 3 albums out so far

Spinning Vulpecula 'In Death Apparition' for the first time in who knows how long. Chuck Keller went on to form Ares Kingdom and let this band die.  Decent stuff.

Tenet are well worth checking out. The other three lads from SYL, with Glen Alvelais, and Zetro on vocals. They put out Sovereign but seemed to fizzle out after that

Caladan Brood: Echoes of Battle. Don't know how I didn't think of it till now. 

Repulsion - Horrified is another example actually.

Quote from: leatherface on May 02, 2020, 12:49:08 AM
Aspid: Extravasation (1992?)

90s Russian thrash, had this on the shelf and had totally forgotten about it.  One of the better oldschool thrash albums that never gets much attention.

Ha. I remember picking up on that recommendation on MI back in the day. Been an age since I dug out the CD rip I made of it, if I still have it.

Was a cool sounding, savage album and a total curio as you never hear of anyone mentioning it.

Poison - Into The Abyss

Death citadel - Bestial Antaumus

Fimbulwinter-Servants of Sorcery. Where Shagrath cut his teeth. :abbath:

Triumphator - 'Wings of Antichrist' (1999).

Terrorizer - World Downfall

They have three albums now, lad

Quote from: Carnage on May 02, 2020, 02:18:33 PM
Quote from: open face surgery on May 02, 2020, 01:29:25 PM
Quote from: Carnage on May 01, 2020, 09:18:51 PM
In line with the OP, Mushroom, Aongus MacAnally's psychedelic rock band from the '70s. I have the gatefold here, it's a mighty album.

The fella from The Lyrics Board? haha. Deadly. Any links?

Showing your age there, to me he's the fella from Anything Goes (not to mention Ray MacAnalky's son).

https://youtu.be/2bdGrmxg-ho

Sounds great and the joys of spotify means I can check it out later. I was 1 when Anthing Goes finished  8)

Throes of Sanity: The Upheaval

Amazing US prog-power metal album I only got into recently

Quote from: leatherface on May 01, 2020, 07:38:59 PM
What are your favourite one album only bands? not metal but I wanted to start this off on an Irish note as I discovered this Irish psychedelic band from the sixties who just released one album. Eire Apparent 'Sunrise' (1969), they were friendly with Jimi Hendrix apparently.

Slagmark released a great melodic black metal album in 2005 and disappeared immediately.