I couldn't be arsed starting a new thread for this so just said I'd stick it here.
I seen the vocalist from the gathering and devin Townsend. Anekke something is offering to do guest vocals for bands now that she can't tour and is charging 1250 per song.
Seems very pricey to me.
I priced another well known vocalist who's a lot better than her imo and he was only looking at 500 per song.
Awful expensive and she's not that great a vocalist to warrant that price.

It is a sad turn of events that the artistic integrity goes out the door when times are tough. So even if you have any oul shit song she will be on it for the right price. I wouldn't be in any way surprised if Devin himself was next on it.

I'm not really knocking her either in one way because needs must but it be rock bottom for an artist

Quote from: astfgyl on May 03, 2020, 09:58:07 PM
It is a sad turn of events that the artistic integrity goes out the door when times are tough. So even if you have any oul shit song she will be on it for the right price. I wouldn't be in any way surprised if Devin himself was next on it.

I'm not really knocking her either in one way because needs must but it be rock bottom for an artist
She said she'll only do one song a month, and only for songs she personally likes. It still seems pricey to me, but I've no clue on what the going rate is for these things so for all I know it could be a good deal

While I have absolutely nothing against metal bands doing well by being good at what they do, touring and selling merch etc, this kind of "professional artiste" shite gets my goat. The hand wringing,  woe is me crap bordering on emotional black mail that bands harp on about is comical. Are these retards too stupid or too precious to do a bit of real work if they are stuck for cash?? I think it's so fucking weak. I have no sympathy or respect for that carry on at all.  And as for artistic integrity? Don't get me started.

Can you even imagine the conversations these delusional, pretentious dickheads have when the cameras aren't rolling?

Session musicians being paid for work is not new, I actually don't see the problem with this at all? Surely can't be lumped in with the cringier shite

Quote from: Yung Led Zeppelin on May 05, 2020, 04:18:12 PM
Session musicians being paid for work is not new, I actually don't see the problem with this at all? Surely can't be lumped in with the cringier shite

when your charging 1250 per song it is.
like i mentioned already i quoted another guy for guest vocals on an album and he was looking for 500 per song which is very reasonable. that was for a full song so he said it would be less if its just parts.
and hes a much better vocalist than her imo.

They're not just session artists, they're also selling the cred and notoriety which comes with their name attached. The "mop the sweat off the stage" band whose name escapes me, they were milking those Paradise Lost and Cradle of Filth connections for all they were worth. If you're going to be milked like that, you might as well get paid for it. Same for the band paying, having whomever on attached to you can open doors, get you clicks, etc, which you might never have gotten before just being a bunch of ugly cunts from Louth or wherever. It's fair game, I reckon.

Quote from: Juggz on May 05, 2020, 05:01:39 PM
They're not just session artists, they're also selling the cred and notoriety which comes with their name attached. The "mop the sweat off the stage" band whose name escapes me, they were milking those Paradise Lost and Cradle of Filth connections for all they were worth. If you're going to be milked like that, you might as well get paid for it. Same for the band paying, having whomever on attached to you can open doors, get you clicks, etc, which you might never have gotten before just being a bunch of ugly cunts from Louth or wherever. It's fair game, I reckon.

Their album was actually quite good!

I don’t like PL or COF so I was not their target market either way

I wasn’t having a dig, was just using them as an example but you can apply it to any local band paying to attach a big name as a performer, mixer, masterer, whatever. They’re not just paying for the professional service, they want the kudos associated with the name, too.

#25 May 05, 2020, 05:20:54 PM Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 05:23:02 PM by Juggz
Wintersun, to clarify, are a bunch of lazy shitehawks, without doubt, but if there are dopes who will subsidise their kind of shit, well they’d be thick not to exploit it. It is creepy as fuck, though. At least the others are selling a professional service. Wintersun are just saying “I don't fancy getting a job, will you pay for me to not have to work?”  Creepy.

Quote from: Juggz on May 05, 2020, 05:20:54 PM
Wintersun, to clarify, are a bunch of lazy shitehawks, without doubt, but if there are dopes who will subsidise their kind of shit, well they'd be thick not to exploit it. It is creepy as fuck, though. At least the others are selling a professional service. Wintersun are just saying "I don't fancy getting a job, will you pay for me to not have to work?"  Creepy.

ya exactly. i still think anneke's price is way too high but at least you are getting something out of it.
Wintersun are asking for money for things most bands just give away for free anyhow!
Jari must have one hell f an ego, and he seems like a creepy fucker anyhow judging by those videos.
oh and ensiferums first album is miles better than anything winthersun have ever done imo

They might not have had as much uptake if they called the campaign "Will you work so I don't have to?"

Dino Cazares is the latest one, offerning riff playthroughs for dolla dolla bills. I'm no guitarist, but Fear Factory's stuff seems fairly straightforward, no?

https://www.patreon.com/dinocazares

Aaah heeeeyor  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

QuoteFull Metal Kontact For $50 per month

I'll pick 2 songs and play them from start to finish
    Break song down riff by riff
    Kemper Presets downloads from my personal collection
    Neural DSP Presets (available now)
    Gear talk
    Exclusive Patreon only content
    Full Metal Contact live group chat, limited to 20 spots, once per month where we can hang out and you can ask me anything for 30 minutes
    Random video shit when inspiration strikes .