The debut Mooncitadel album has been announced for release by Werewolf Records for sometime this year. I really like the demo and EP material. It's catchy, epic and full of atmosphere, so I have high expectations for the album. There's a song up on YouTube now.  I'll give it a few spins and see what it does for me.

https://youtu.be/qV9V1Ly8mng

Love the vocals, raw, old school black metal. Be very interested to hear more of these lads.

#2 April 22, 2020, 01:08:49 PM Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 01:35:19 PM by Eoin McLove
If you haven't heard Moon Calls to Wander... I'd recommend checking it out.  It's a fantastic mix of old school feeling and creative, unique riffing. I think it's the business. I find myself going back more and more to that type of black metal than the more overtly modern sounding bands, these days.

'Night's Scarlet Symphonies' is available now. Fired in an order with MoD. I also nabbed a copy of the new Circle of Dawn album, 'Savonian Supremacy'. Can't wait to hear both of these as both bands have been writing some truly savage and catchy BM over the past few years.

#4 November 12, 2020, 02:59:29 PM Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 10:41:26 PM by Cailleach
Mooncitadel are good.  Circle of Dawn is a new name to me. I'll have to check them out.

They are a different kettle of fish but they are really good.

Never heard of the band before and checked out that track in the OP, purely because I liked their name.

This is some good shit. I don't listen to a lot of BM so the vocals might take a bit of getting used to, but the atmosphere is savage.

Cool man. Yeah, they have their own little vibe going on while generally sounding pretty traditional. I think they are great.

That Circle of Dawn album you always played in the car was great. Saw a few geads of RoD say this was much better.

The Mooncitadel preview track is deadly.

I saw that too but the same people were saying that they didn't like the first album so I'm not sure what to expect from the new one. It might be quite different.

There's another new Mooncitadel song online from an EP that Out of the Dungeon are releasing early next year. It's maybe their most direct song to date. It sounds decent but is perhaps missing a little something. Might be a grower, of course.

The Mooncitadel stuff is excellent - must check out the other recs in the thread.

Giving Night's Scarlet Symphonies its maiden voyage now. It sounds monumental.

Have given it a good few listens on the tubes. Cracking album.

Jaysus, the guitar tone on this is lethal.

Really getting great mileage out of this album over the last couple of weeks.